Disk full: wallet corrupt

Hi there
I use nheqminer in a Docker-container under OSX. I wanted to transfer a small amount to a different t-address when my diskspace run out… The message “Warning: error reading wallet.dat! All keys read correctly, but transaction data or address book entries might be missing or incorrect.” already appeared before, but now i cannot transfer zec anymore.
If i look at my transactions, it shows me "confirmations": 0. After using -reindex and/or deleting everything except wallet.dat and zcash.conf it now shows "confirmations": -1.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Chris

First things first: if you haven’t already, with zcashd shut down, backup that wallet.dat!

After you’ve freed up disk space elsewhere, you’re going to have to wait for the blockchain to either finish reindexing or if you deleted it, resync completely. THEN the txn in question will either show up or just not have happened if it didn’t get mined

Does the txn in question show up in any block explorers?

No, they don’t. They were not mined (here) but forwarded from the wallet to somewhere else…

Stupid question: is there a place where i can see when resync is done? Backup is done, if the money is still available it’s save…

the command tail -f ~/.zcash/debug.log will let you watch the blocks sync as it happens, and you can compare that height against a block explorer’s current height to know when its done

Thanks! Still far away from this :slight_smile:
I’ll let you know when it finished and how it’s looking…

1 Like