Future of Zcash dev funding — megathread / everything in one place

Hi @sonya, thanks for organizing this and the other organization you’ve been doing around these discussions!

I’ve been striving to help out in my own way, especially by posting Proposal authors, please read: Help making ZIPs and following up with each proposal author.

Could you do me a favor and edit the list of proposals and next to each one put Advocate: (or none or ??? if unknown)? This is separate from the authors, because the advocate is the person who will help see the proposal through the ZIP process. Doing this will help people see at a glance which proposals are actively being improved for the ZIP process.

I know this might feel slightly tedious, but I think it will help moving forward, because we can use the list in the original post of this thread as the canonical set of proposals, and as we go we can have an evolving status indicator next to each one. By having a canonical list that everyone refers to in different places (ex: this forum, twitter, @sgp’s live stream, etc…) it maximizes the chance that everyone across the ecosystem is talking about the same thing.

Also, I noticed that @mistfpga volunteered to be an advocate for anyone who isn’t available or interested in the ZIP process! That’s super helpful!

1 Like