How to send zcash to unified Address?

Hello,

In rpc zcash, on github, some of method are deprecated, for new method with account and support of unified address(ua).

I use zcash cli in my custom app, customers need to send money, I use this method for get a deposit address, (z_getaddressforaccount - Zcash 5.2.0 RPC Docs ).

When I try to send funds from ZecWallet Lite or jaxx to new ua, I’ve got an error message in wallet ’ Invalid address’ .

It’s a big problem, how make ? I need to wait for support by some of wallets ? Support t and z address only ?

Thanks you for you help

1 Like

I can’t speak for Jaxx as I’ve never used it, but Zecwallet Lite will have Orchard/UA support soon. Follow its progress here:

2 Likes

See z_listunifiedreceivers - Zcash 5.2.0 RPC Docs

z_listunifiedreceivers

For a withdraw-only feature, you could try deriving the Sapling Z-address & Transparent address from a Unified Address[UA] and prompt the user to choose where to withdraw the ZEC.

Support for Orchard Addresses in end-user wallets should roll out in the second half of this year.

Yes but you’re not really supposed to expose them like that, z_getnewaddress is technically deprecated but will still work to get a new sapling zaddy just like before but (I’ll have to check but I’m pretty sure why it is deprecated) not under the type: unified and so not apart of any ‘account #’ balance.