I need help, about wallet. dat

I save my money in a wallet. dat file. Now I use the latest version of zecwallet fullnode, but I can’t find any wallet. dat file in the wallet. what can I do about my wallet. dat file? moreover, I find a mistake when I open the zecwallet fullnode as"Failed to start zcashd. Giving up! Please look at the debug.log file.C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Zcash/debug.logPlease file an issue with Zecwallet". My system is windows 7.

can anyone help me? please! I will never use the fullnode wallet, I only need to read my private key from my wallet. dat file. who can tell me how to do?

Hey @user000 , welcome to the forums, on ZecWallet on Windows the wallet.dat file should be in

<Windows drive>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Zcash

More information here:

Simply place the wallet.dat into that directory. If you mean that it disappeared then you can use your backup for that (or perhaps check the the recycle bin).

Can you attach that file here please (or at least the last 100 lines of it if it’s too big)? Also, what version of ZecWallet are you using?

(pinging @adityapk00)

I modified the zcash. conf, now it is syncing, and I can read my wallet. dat. Thank you@Shawn@Autotunafish@daira

1 Like