Launching the Zcash Minor Grants Program by ZFND

Good luck to everyone!

5 Likes

Great news! Good look to all the zcashers! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

In autodictation :open_book: :robot: :speaker:

5 Likes

Dear Community and Voting Members,

to support my application, kindly see the updated Minor Grant Proposal - Tilmar Goos

Sneak Peak on my written research The Data Dilemma and its Relevance in Human Science

Live Lecture: Institutional Staking, the Future of Blockchain Banking Products

I voluntarily Chair the Working Group Education of the Crypto Valley Association and initiated in 2022 a Call For Paper on “Opportunities and Challenges: The Future of DeFi in Traditional Finance”. Here you can find the resulting Research Journal 2022. In April 2023, I will announce the theme of this years CVA Research Journal.

I was invited to the Podcast Swiss Road to Crypto to speak about my concept of Algorithmic Anthropometry

Finally, here a glance of the various sources I use (non-exhaustive list)

Amoore, L. (2011). Data Derivatives: On the Emergence of a Security Risk Calculus for Our Times. Theory, Culture & Society, 28(6), 24–43.

Arner, D. W., Buckley, R. P., Zetzsche, D. A., & Didenko, A. (2020). After Libra, Digital Yuan and COVID-19: Central Bank Digital Currencies and the New World of Money and Payment Systems. SSRN Electronic Journal.

Asaolu, O.s. (2006). On the Emergence of New Computer Technologies…Educational Technology & Society. 9. 335-343.

Bach, D., Newman, A. L., & Weber, S. (2006). The International Implications of China’s Fledgling Regulatory State: From Product Maker to Rule Maker. New Political Economy, 11(4), 499–518.

Bachrach, P., & Baratz, M. S. (1962). Two Faces of Power. American Political Science Review, 56(4), 947–952.

Bandura, A., & Locke, E. A. (2003). Negative self-efficacy and goal effects revisited. Journal of Applied Psychology, 88(1), 87–99.

Becerril, A. (2018). The value of our personal data in the Big Data and the Internet of all Things Era. ADCAIJ: ADVANCES IN DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE JOURNAL. 7. 71. 10.14201/ADCAIJ2018727180.

Bentham. (1838). Principle of Penal Law. In Works of Jeremy Bentham (p. part 3, chap. 12, problem 9, 557). William Tate.

Boshkov, T. (2019). Blockchain and Digital Currency in the World of Finance. In A. Salman & M. G. Abdul Razzaq (Eds.), Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies. IntechOpen.

Breckenridge, K. D., Szreter, S., & British Academy (Eds.). (2012). Registration and recognition: Documenting the person in world history. Published for the British Academy by Oxford University Press.

Brey, P. (2018). The strategic role of technology in a good society. Technology in Society, 52, 39–45.

Caplan, J., & Torpey, J. (Eds.). (2001). Documenting individual identity: The development of state practices in the modern world. Princeton University Press.

Clegg, S., & Haugaard, M. (Eds.). (2009). Introduction: Why Power is the Central Concept of the Social Sciences. In The SAGE handbook of power (pp. 1–25). SAGE.

Cohen, B. J. (1977). Hegemony. In B. J. Cohen (Ed.), Organizing the world’s money. London: Palgrave Macmillan

Coleman, M., & Grove, K. (2009). Biopolitics, Biopower, and the Return of Sovereignty. Environment and Planning D: Society and Space, 27(3), 489–507.

Dardot, P., & Laval, C. (2013). The new way of the world: On neoliberal society.

Denbow, J. M. (2018). The Economization of Life. Signs: Journal of Women in Culture and Society, 44(1), 264–269.

Dennehy, D., & Sammon, D. (2015). Trends in mobile payments research: A literature review. Journal of Innovation Management, 3(1), 49-61.

Dowding, K. (2012). Why should we care about the definition of power? Journal of Political Power, 5(1), 119–135.

Ehler. (1912). The Legal Importance of Birth Registration. Transactions of the Third Annual Meeting, American Association for the Study and Prevention of Infant Mortality, 102–108.

Enders, Tobias. (2018). Exploring the Value of Data – a Research Agenda.

Engert, W. and Fung, B. (2017) Central Bank Digital Currency: Motivations and Implications. Bank of Canada Discussion Paper 2017-16.

Escobar, A. (1984). Discourse and Power in Development: Michel Foucault and the Relevance of His Work to the Third World. Alternatives: Global, Local, Political, 10(3), 377–400.

Ethel M. Watters. (1924). Child Health Magazin. In Democracy and the Individual: Maternity and Child Welfare in the United States (Vol. 5).

Farrel, H., & Newman, A. L. (2019b). Weaponized interdependence: How global economic networks shape state coercion. International Security, 44(1), 42–79.

Farrell, H., & Newman, A. L. (2019a). Of Privacy and Power: The Transatlantic Struggle over Freedom and Security. Princeton University Press.

Fichte, J. G., Neuhouser, F., & Baur, M. (2000). Foundations of natural right: According to the principles of the Wissenschaftslehre. Cambridge University Press.

Foucault, M. (1990). The history of sexuality. 1: An introduction. Vintage Books.

Foucault, M. (2001c). Truth and Juridical Forms. (Edited by J. F. Faubion). The Essential Works of Foucault III, 1954-1984: Power. London: Allen Lane, 1-89

Frei, C., & Huang, Q. (2020). Traditional and Digital Currencies in Over-the-Counter Markets. SSRN Electronic Journal.

Gerbaudo, P. (2018). Social media and populism: An elective affinity? Media, Culture & Society, 40(5), 745–753.

Gürkan, C. (2018). Foucault, Publıc Fınance And Neolıberal Governmentalıty A Crıtıcal Socıologıcal Analysıs. Yönetim ve Ekonomi: Celal Bayar Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Fakültesi Dergisi.

Han, B.-C. (2017). Psychopolitics: Neoliberalism and new technologies of power. Verso.

Hacking, I. (1990). The taming of chance. Cambridge University Press.

Halliday, D., Walker, J., et al. (2011). Fundamentals of physics. 77–9311/21/21 4:19:00 PM

Harcourt, B. E. (2007). Against prediction: Profiling, policing, and punishing in an actuarial age. University of Chicago Press.

Headrick, D. R. (2000). When information came of age: Technologies of knowledge in the age of reason and revolution, 1700 - 1850. Oxford Univ. Press.

Hook, D. (2007). Foucault, Psychology and the Analytics of Power. Palgrave Macmillan.

Kadriu, “Discovering value in academic social networks: A case study in ResearchGate,” Proceedings of the ITI 2013 35th International Conference on Information Technology Interfaces, Cavtat, 2013, pp. 57-62,

Kindleberger, C. P. (1973). The World in Depression, 1929–1939. Berkeley, Los Angeles, London: University of California Press.

Koopman, C. (2019a). How we became our data: A genealogy of the informational person. The University of Chicago Press.

Koopman, C. (2019b). “Information before Information Theory,” 11.

Koopman, C., & Matza, T. (2013). Putting Foucault to Work: Analytic and Concept in Foucaultian Inquiry. Critical Inquiry, 39(4), 817–840.

Korpi, W. (1985). Power Resources Approach vs. Action and Conflict: On Causal and Intentional Explanations in the Study of Power. Sociological Theory, 3(2), 31.

Kumar, D & Duvvuri, Duvvuri B K Kamesh & Umar, Syed. (2014). A Study on Big Data and its Importance. 9. 973-4562.

Larue, L., Fontan, C., & Sandberg, J. (2020). The promises and perils of central bank digital currencies. Revue de La Régulation, 28.

Lemoine, B. (2020). State Sovereignty as a Machine of Domination Against Society—Pierre
Dardot and Christian Laval, Dominer. Enquête sur la souveraineté de l’État en Occident (Paris, La Découverte, 2020, 736 p.). European Journal of Sociology, 61(3), 465–474.

Lipson, Howard. (2003). Tracking and Tracing Cyber-Attacks: Technical Challenges and Global Policy.

Lukes, S. (2004). Introduction. In Power: A radical view (2nd ed, pp. 1–25). Palgrave Macmillan.

Manokha, I. (2018). Surveillance, Panopticism, and Self-Discipline in the Digital Age. Surveillance & Society, 16(2), 219–237.

Mathew, D. (2019). Surveillance Society: Panopticon in the Age of Digital Media.

Mauro, A. D., Greco, M., & Grimaldi, M. (2014). What is Big Data? A Consensual Definition and a Review of Key Research Topics.

Nakamoto, S. (2008). Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System. https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Noiriel, G. (2002). 2. The Identification of the Citizen: The Birth of Republican Civil Status in France. In J. Caplan & J. Torpey (Eds.), Documenting Individual Identity (pp. 28–48). Princeton University Press.

Norrlof, C. (2014). Dollar hegemony: A power analysis. Review of International Political
Economy, 21(5), 1042–1070.

Oates, W. E. (1968). The Theory of Public Finance in a Federal System. The Canadian Journal of Economics, 1(1), 37.

Papacharissi, Z. (Ed.). (2018). A networked self and human augmentics, artificial intelligence, sentience. Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group.

Rabinow, P. (2008). Marking time: On the anthropology of the contemporary. Princeton University Press.

Rai, Neelabh. (2012). Tracking Digital Footprints of Scareware to Thwart Cyber Hypnotism Through Cyber Vigilantism in Cyberspace. BVICAM’s International Journal of Information Technology 0973 - 5658. 4. 0973-5658.

Reigeluth, T. B. (2014). Why data is not enough: Digital traces as control of self and self-control. Surveillance & Society, 12(2), 243–254.

Riahi, S., & Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Faculty of Sciences, University of ChouaibDoukkali Jabran Khalil Jabran Avenu, El jadida 24000, Morocco. (2018). Big Data and Big Data Analytics: Concepts, types and technologies. International Journal of Research and Engineering, 5(9), 524–528.

Rose, C. (2015). The Evolution Of Digital Currencies: Bitcoin, A Cryptocurrency Causing A Monetary Revolution. International Business & Economics Research Journal (IBER), 14(4), 617. The Evolution Of Digital Currencies: Bitcoin, A Cryptocurrency Causing A Monetary Revolution | International Business & Economics Research Journal (IBER)

Sailer, M., Hense, J. U., Mayr, S. K., & Mandl, H. (2017). How gamification motivates: An experimental study of the effects of specific game design elements on psychological need satisfaction. Computers in Human Behavior, 69, 371–380.

Schüll, N. D. (2016). Data for life: Wearable technology and the design of self-care. BioSocieties, 11(3), 317–333.

Schüritz, Ronny & Seebacher, Stefan & Dorner, Rebecca. (2017). Capturing Value from Data: Revenue Models for Data-Driven Services. 10.24251/HICSS.2017.648.

Scott, A., Nash, K., & Smith, A. M. (2016). New critical writings in political sociology. Routledge.

Scott, J. C. (2020). Seeing like a state: How certain schemes to improve the human condition have failed (Veritas paperback edition). Yale University Press.

Seele, P. (2016). Envisioning the digital sustainability panopticon: A thought experiment of how big data may help advancing sustainability in the digital age. Sustainability Science, 11(5), 845–854.

Stone, C. (2006). Peter Bachrach and Morton S. Baratz. 1962. “Two Faces of Power.” American Political Science Review 56 (December): 947–52. Cited 543 times. American Political Science

Tatham, M. and Bauer, M.W. (2014) ‘Competence ring-fencing from below? The drivers of regional demands for control over upwards dispersion’, Journal of European Public Policy 21(9): 1367 –85.

Taylor-Sakyi, Kevin. (2016). Big Data: Understanding Big Data.

Thompson, V. A. (1974). The Politics of Truth. By Holton P. Odegard. (University: The University of Alabama Press, 1971. Pp. xi, 439. $13.50.). American Political Science Review, 68(4), 1742–1743.

Türken, S., Nafstad, H. E., Blakar, R. M., & Roen, K. (2016). Making Sense of Neoliberal Subjectivity: A Discourse Analysis of Media Language on Self-development. Globalizations, 13(1), 32–46.

Vargas, M. H., & Roldán Restrepo, D. (2019). The instruments of public policy. A transdisciplinary look. Cuadernos de Administración, 35(63), 101–113.

Weber, I., & Staples, M. (2021). Programmable Money: Next-generation Conditional Payments using Blockchain: Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science, 7–14.

Weber, M., Roth, G., & Wittich, C. (2013). Economy and society: An outline of interpretive sociology. Vol. 2: … (Nachdr.). Univ. of California Press.

Westermeier, C. (2020). Money is data – the platformization of financial transactions. Information, Communication & Society, 23(14), 2047–2063.

Wilbur. (1897). How the establishment of a permanent census bureau will improve the vital statistics of the United States. Chicago: American Medical Association Press.

Excelentes proyectos en para fortalecer a Zcash.

1 Like

Zcap’rs on this list have yet to vote! Deadline is in 3 days, If you know them tell them!

Daniel Benarroch—
Ying Tong Lai—
Kobi Gurkan
Madars Virza
Chidi
Alfredo Garcia—
Conrado Gouvea—
Elena Giralt—
Sean Bowe—
Aditya Kulkarni—
Gordon Mohr—
Ida Tucker—
Jack Gavigan—
Andrew Miller
Amber Baldet
eth03—
fireice_uk—
Sessha
Jonathan Hales
Kris Nuttycombe
Rekodi—
DG—
Gerald Nash—
Vincent Marchese—
Howard Loo—
Ziga—
Jordi Baylina—
Joseph Van Geffen—
Pacu—
Angst01—
Naomi Brockwell—
aiyadt—
Michelle Lai—
Nick Sullivan—
Jack Grigg—
Fred—
Saleem Rashid—
John Akinyele—
MineZcash—
Vladimir Dinev—
SirHODL—
Colleen Swanson—
Dean Tribble—
Michael Lewellen—
Aleixo Sanchez—
zancas—
Peter Van Valkenburgh—
J.W. Verret—
Sasha Meyer—
Ian Miers—
Slugsplatter13—
Mikerah—
Dr-El-Don—
Skylar Saveland—
Phil Slobodian—
Vitalik Buterin—
mistfpga—
Liz Steininger—
Chris Burniske—
Josh Harvey—
Charlie O’Keefe—
Mrudula
Trends—
Zoz—
Sacha Saint-Ledger—
bloxster—
Vlad—
CuriousCoffee—
Chris Tomeo—
Hameed—
1337bytes—
Caleb Naylor—
Natasha Mynhier—
Deirdre Connolly—
Chelsea Komlo—
Jesse Fornear—
Matthew Green—
Eran Tromer—
Jacob Feldman—
vkbdev—
Chamus—
Michele Orrù—
Amber O’Hearn—
Sean Kelly—
Rawbe—
Ayo Akinyele—
Philipp Jovanovic—
Hudson Jameson—
HanuDixit—
Alejandro Machado—
in4crypto—
Gijs Van Laer—
David Boyer—
Sunny—
Kurt Opsahl—
Madison Parks—
Vanishree Rao—
dontbeevil—
Scott Moore—
zecretary—
Laika—
Daira Hopwood—
proof_of_tartiflette—
Jacob Nulty—
Spectre—
Splunar—
Harry Halpin—
John Light—
Aurelien Nicolas—
Mandeep Bhalothia—
Cody Burns—
Piyush Sharma—
Aaron Chambers

5 Likes

so exciting. few more days only. I hope I could express my motivation in the proposal well.

2 Likes

The results are in!

With 102 votes cast, the approval threshold was 52 votes. Four grants were approved:

Congratulations to the successful applicants!

We’ll be running another cycle of the Minor Grants program later this year. We’d love to hear any feedback or suggestions you have. Post them here! :point_down:

16 Likes

Congrats to the first-round grantees :partying_face:

I’m especially happy to see Zcast on that list and looking forward to the new podcast content released by @gordonesTV!

Zcash Zeitgeist will move forward as an independent ZF A/V Club collaboration via a new campaign on Free2z - Keep an eye out for that! :zcash: :zebra:

12 Likes

Hello my friends, I want to express my gratitude for all of your support. It is an absolute honor to be part of the first Zcash Minor Grants Program, and I will do my best to deliver the best product.
A special thanks to the ZCAP members who believe in the potential of my proposal. I will not disappoint you!
This grant will not only go towards the development of Dizzy (previously Dizzy Wallet, but I think I’ll drop the “wallet” part to avoid confusing users) but also towards the development and maintenance of my previous work for Zcash Global, such as ZecQuiz, ZecStats, and my Zcash RPC documentation website.
This grant will also go beyond just Dizzy - I already have a few other projects in mind (I’ll keep you guys updated on that).
Sorry for not being able to express all of my gratitude, but I’m a little speechless right now.
(I’m not crying, you’re crying! :joy: )

14 Likes

Thanks for this goods news!

Thanks for your support! I’m very excited! Now, ready to Zcast!!!

1 Like

Thanks to Community Grants for this opportunity! And thanks to the entire Zcashers community who are committed to further outreach and education.

Zcash marketing has been a constant topic of discussion here in the forum, and little by little we will see how these contents, podcasts or videos will bring the word of Zcash to more people on the planet.

3 Likes

Fewer than 60% of eligible Zcap voters provided a vote :frowning:
Perhaps Zcap membership should come with a complimentary dead-man’s switch.

Dead man’s switch - Wikipedia

congrats, folks! you guys deserve it! I’m excited to see what’s coming in the next months :fire:

3 Likes

There is, 3 strikes (missed votes) and you’re out (it used to be 1)

More info in this post:

3 Likes

Hello guys, I have question.
My project was accepted to receive this Minor Grant, but I’m confused, I opted to break the grant value into 4 milestones, but in my proposal it says I’ll receive upon completion of grant.
The first imlestone is done:

• Keep suporting and hosting my previous work (Discord bots I did before the grant)
  • First Release of Dizzy Wallet for testing (on my private discord server)

Does milestone based payments only apply for the Major grants?
Will I recevied the grant only when I complete all milestones?

Should I create a topic docummenting the updates?

Either way, the development is going strong, Every milestone will be completed before the end of the year. And much more (I have a few projects I started before this grant, so there’s some cool stuff to come).

Thanks once again Zcash and Zcashers!

2 Likes

Kicking people out who don’t vote seems to have a lot of problems to me.

If you what you are trying to do is make voting more popular, a negative reinforcement mechanism is dumb. Imagine if your country had that.

1 Like

ZCAP is not an arbitrary membership, as opposed to the inherited rights to voting in a liberal democracy. The ZCAP members actively campaigned to their role (and to their reaffirmation in their role), and so if they stray from that role it is reasonable to move the process at a good pace to reseat a new and engaged ZCAP member. 3 missed elections in a row, hypothetically for 40% of the total eligible voters would be, frankly speaking, pathetic in my opinion, but it would be valid under the current policies. I’m glad to see that some policy exists at all, but I wonder if 2 is the magic number (rather than 1 or 3).

I would promote the idea of an active abstain vote (a dead man’s switch) to allow for engaged members to identify that they witnessed the voting possibility but actively decided not to. This is different from missing the vote because of being dead (unaware or removed from the community hosting the vote).

I’d also promote a total majority participation rate, necessary to make any vote tallying to be considered valid or invalid. If fewer than 75% of all eligible ZCAP voters do not participate, I think that the entire voting instance should be invalidated. This requirement would compliment a dead man’s voting solution also, allowing for many members to vote active abstain - while still creating valid total voting process outcomes. Re: @covfefe @David_Heisenberg @nathan-at-least

3 Likes