Livestream Q2 AMA here!

Continuing the questions from

• any updates on ZEXE?
  • any idea on when hardware wallets(ledger) will support shielded addresses?
  • Any progress on the issues with libzcash libraries that Matthew Green brought up on the Chat ( supporting T-Z interop)
  • will user issued tokens be included in the next network upgrade? or in another planned upgrade in the future?
4 Likes

@paige Was thinking next Livestream we could have this thread already started so we can link it in the YouTube livechat before it ends. YouTube replays also replay the chat conversation/links for users to find later.

3 Likes

any updates on ZEXE?

The code for ZEXE was finally released, but there are no plans currently to deploy it in Zcash. If you have other questions about it, it would be best to ask the other co-authors.

3 Likes

:thinking: Hm, I thought this thread was to answer the remaining questions from the Livestream that Paige posted…

1 Like

I missed the livestream : (, still gonna watch it but not as fun!
Here’s a question: I think I remember a mention elsewhere of Japan’s food being really good, of those countries you visited, which was the best? (it’s a serious question although not really pertinent, I hang out too much)

Can i still ask a question. i missed the livestream. -_-

Sorry for the silence on the last few questions. I have some quick answers from @nathan-at-least that will hopefully do for this context. If you want to discuss any topic further, feel free to branch out on a new thread.

• any idea on when hardware wallets(ledger) will support shielded addresses?

We’ve discussed shielded address support with multiple hardware wallets. The path forward is clear enough, but the support itself will require some dedicated engineering (for embedded support + a delegated proving service in bridges/desktop components). That’s more effort than basic mobile wallet support (our top priority) and more effort than most exchanges (our next priority). That leaves hardware wallet support as lower in the ecosystem priority list for ECC at this time.

• Any progress on the issues with libzcash libraries that Matthew Green brought up on the Chat ( supporting T-Z interop)

As mentioned in the livestream, we want to support T-addrs, and we’re working on that functionality. For the exact requirements were listening closely to partner use case needs.

• will user issued tokens be included in the next network upgrade? or in another planned upgrade in the future?

This is a potentially valuable protocol improvement, but at this time we’re not actively planning for it. If an advocate wants to develop a ZIP we already have put in early design effort so we could direct that advocate to that work and help provide context or review their proposal.

2 Likes