Major Grants Review Committee Candidates MEGATHREAD

They’re now available:

8 Likes

Both links and commentary available here: https://www.zfnd.org/blog/community-call-mgrc-candidates/

3 Likes

Thank you for all your support :heart:

1 Like

Brazilians ??? That was funny… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Super excited for the results!

really happy to hear candidates talk about marketing. that’s one zcash’s largest weaknesses.

2 Likes

I know you couldnt attend, but I would have really cool to hear your voice. Maybe one we can have a forum regulars call.

most of our childish slap fights are just that. I just want to make sure you agree - on stream where I dont have 24 hours to find the message :rofl:

1 Like

Im making this as another post becasue that one was a joke.

I agree marketing is essential, but then so is nu10? the next halving.

The way the FR went last time it created massive sell pressure.

From 2024 there will be no more dev fund. These funds we get now are to last the rest of the project. (4 years is a long time to change the CAP…)

Now, this is where I wish @boxalex was around.

I was going to type this up. but Im gonna make pie charts.

I now have some extra info from the zfnd too.

1 Like

I’m not sure. I suppose it would depend on the level of engagement requested. I’m also not clear on whether that would be in violation of the spirit of the zip which states that “ECC and ZF are ineligible to receive Major Grants.”

3 Likes

Fair enough.

It was just a thought. based off the cost of on baroding companies like Thesis. (I posted this ages ago and zooko, you and matt all liked the idea.

Random examples to fit my point

If it takes them 3 months and 40 on thier own, or 1 month and 55k… id go with the the 55k

It was a hailmairy to stop some of the more contentious points.

It certianly seems a good vertical for you. - feel free to put me on commission. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want to see some grant applicants that already have skin in the game, are they already $ZEC holders & community members? That would be the type of team who would probably build the project they are requesting funds for anyway but with the help of MGRC can be much more effective & efficient

Helios voting for MGRC will be opening in 1 hour, if you are on the Community Advisory Panel be sure to check your email for instructions.

If you are on the CAP an haven’t received an email be sure to check your spam folder for an email from no-reply @heliosvoting.org

Good luck to all @MGRC-Candidates !

4 Likes

should elected MGRC members collaborate with unelected candidates to encapsulate a wider perspective on the MGRC?

I was thinking about this too. I would be happy to advise the MGRC as someone with experience in policy work and activism, if the MGRC considers funding any work in this area. (I know you mentioned this @ml_sudo and I’d be really interested in talking more about this either way.)

4 Likes

I would just like to say, that while the MGRC is a 5 body group, the are no independant of the community.

• People like you holmes, and myself. - we would like to be on the MGRC, but judeing by other candidates and thier willing ness to help is just something else.

everyone who entered this, whilst might not be on the MGRC, you will be part of it.

If the MGRC ends yup as an exclusive committee then it has failed. (at the same time you cannot design by committee)

As an aside, I have never seen this may people interested in zcash for altruistic purposes.

Lets take a back. @zooko and @joshs have (what we call in games) given birth to their child and it is up to us to nurture it.

Its 3am, I cant sleep.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I laid it all out there on the court. If I am not accepted by the Zcash Community Advisory Panel for the Major Grant Review Committee, I will leave you with my agenda and focus on my own money memo monster. You’ll know where to find me! z2z.to/jmsjsph (my ZW down atm, actually… )

See everyone (whoever can make it), in Boston this weekend!

1 Like

I have read your agenda twice.

I might be missing something. Is it okay to cun n paste from ?) I just have some clarifiations, thats all

1 Like

The link from the Helios bot often ends up in the your spam folder if you cant find it

1 Like

I really hope this is how it goes. We have more than 5 great candidates, and the committee needs to be open to input from the broader Zcash ecosystem.

6 Likes

Me too, despite thier only being 5 seats on the MGRC those 5 that do get elected would be remiss if they didn’t take advantage of the vast knowledge and experience that the other candidates and broader community can offer.

Picking 5 is just the first step in this process, there is still a lot of work to do!

7 Likes

Hello! How many people can I support for voting?

2 Likes