Full Transparency: I did vote ‘no’ for MGRC (Believe MGRC could become a permanent bureaucracy).
MGRC will have major sway over Zcash development. First team elected will leave their fingerprints on how MGRC operates, possibly forever. I care about longterm success for Zcash, and love her community. Think I can help MGRC run like a well oiled machine, and do my part to set a solid path for MGRC’s future. Would be honored if the community allowed me to contribute to the MGRC. I will effectively filter workable/unworkable proposals in a very efficient manner to help create maximum value for the Zcash community. I have no financial interest in ECC/ZF, and’ve never been employed by either entity. I’m a complete outsider that WILL represent the community/Zcash well. I will always review all proposals carefully, and quickly so proposers aren’t left hanging in the breeze very long. Will never collude with any proposer, and I’ll analyze every proposal fairly.
Also, won’t apply for any MGs while I’m on the review committee, or work for any winners (other than retweets, etc to help promote them/Zcash).
Few things that might set me apart from other candidates:
- View market performance as the most critical health indicator for a cryptocurrency. That will always be on my mind when reviewing proposals.
- Even though MG will most likely be tech heavy; artists/content creators/etc would have a major supporter on the MGRC because I view them as essential for outreach (Zcash needs more outreach).
- Been publicly visible/active since Feb. 2017.
- Participated in 2 Community Advisory Panels.
- Understand the strengths/weaknesses of the grant system after applying for a grant myself (didn’t get funded).
- Been through highs-n-lows with Zcash, and I’m still here. I’ll always be here ; ) you’re kinda stuck with me.
- Have enough “free time” that I’m capable of devoting myself to thoughtfully analyzing proposals.
My Review Checklist:
- Is this proposal a scam (have a nose for sniffing them out, because i’ve seen just about everything during years spent in this industry)?
- Will proposal increase Zcash utility/usability?
- Will proposal onboard new users?
- Is proposal really necessary/feasible?
- Cost of proposal.
Will always be very transparent with the community/proposers. I’ll always be able to explain in detail why I voted yes/no on every MG.