Miner- [NiceHash] Zcash CPU/GPU for Linux and Windows

This looks like if there were temporary no alive orders. Currently, most of the pools available are very unstable and have problems with connections. In such case, you may try -l usa or wait a bit. You can see status of orders here: NiceHash - Leading Cryptocurrency Platform for Mining and Trading

Equihash CPU Miner for NiceHash v0.1c
Thanks to Zcash developers for providing most of the code
Special thanks to tromp for providing optimized CPU equihash solver

Setting log level to 2
Benchmark startingā€¦ this may take several minutes, please waitā€¦
Benchmark done!
Total time : 12122 ms
Total hashes: 100
Total solutions found: 182
Speed: 8.24946 H/s
Speed: 15.014 S/s

Thank you, the miner is working nicely!

Thanks, that was it. -l usa did the trick.

Hi,

Iā€™ve just uploaded two video showing the use of the Nicehash Zcash miner for Windows & Ubuntu. Hopefully these will be useful for people getting starting with Zcash mining.

How to Mine Zcash on Windows

How to Mine Zcash on Linux (Ubuntu)

4 Likes

can i mine with it without the pool?

1 Like

Thanks so much for the video.

Just a quick question though, how come some people are getting around 20 s/s on a cpu?

Using the cpu miner currently. It shows im connected to the EU stratum. Is there a US server that i can connect to? I have an i7 and xeon running around 17.17 h/s on nicehash.com currently. looks as though its working well on both machines. just need a closer server to connect.

Yes, there is USA server; add parameter -l usa

1 Like

Awesomeā€¦Thanks. :slight_smile:

what type of i7 please? is that getting 17.17?

Super noobs question.
Can I solo mine for ZEC with your miner ? Or do I have to go through nicehash and get BTC ?

1 Like

I7 4770 and its getting about 8.75 according to website.

Thought it was getting 17 on its own hehe

He said ā€œI have an i7 and xeon running around 17.17 h/s on nicehash.comā€ in this case are 2 processors running at same time to get 17.17H/s

Yep! Two processors. Now i have all my rigs running 2 processes and currently sitting at around 50 h/s. A total of 10 processors. Now if someone will just make a opencl miner for my 380x cards i will be set. :sob:

1 Like

Very nice, im waiting a Cuda launch for windows, im pretty sure that Nvidia on windows will be better.

Good luck for us! =D

1 Like

nice man, thatā€™s exactly what im working on.

I felt that everyone was getting ripped off with all the cloud mining and this might be proof.

We will release publicly available NVIDIA and OpenCL miner before Zcash launch date.

Donā€™t worry, we are working on it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You are freakin amazing. Cant wait. Will be happy to alpha test if needed. I have many different kinds of opencl cards, 380,380x,390, and 390x. :slight_smile:

you guys rockā€¦

have you guys tested any cpuā€™s that can get around 20 s/s?

Someone has achieved this already but they wont share it unless they get paid.