ML for MGRC

Supplementing my main post with what I’m up to now:

I’m working with real world applications of crypto that have each achieved significant traction. These are cryptocurrency-agnostic applications that provide an application-specific view into what works and what doesn’t work for the different protocols, if they want to make it into mainstream usage.

I do Asia market entry work for the largest crypto payment processor, based in the US. This involves working with clients who want to accept crypto from clients, without having to ensnare themselves in the myriad issues related to operational security, accounting/audit, and regulatory uncertainty.

I also work with a custody and trade settlement company based in the UK, mapping out the landscape of crypto investors in Asia. This involves understanding the nuanced mentality of investors spanning different investment styles in Asia, which results in differential popularity of certain digital assets vs other markets.

Finally, I advise a Philippines-based financial services conglomerate on their digital transformation process. Part of their transformation involves using crypto to expand their remittance businesses, and blockchain to upgrade their insurance claims process; I work with both teams to ensure that crypto and blockchain are pragmatic applications with veritable impact, rather than vanity applications.

I’ve always like to blend theory with practice. The experiences above help me balance out an intellectual belief in the promise of decentralized applications, with the reality of legacy (but valuable) business models. I believe this will help me better serve the MGRC goal of helping to find product-market fit for Zcash.

6 Likes