New experiment: Zeal Center

I agree completely, I think the ideas of digital and financial privacy have broad appeal but these ideas are not widely discussed. What people stumble upon on the web are all the scandals, scams and politicians 7-second sound bites about “consumer protection”. A few days ago , this thread popped up with a great discussion on the difficulties banks put up for low-income people, a place where Zcash can shine.

We need to be part of this conversation.

1 Like

New blog post, announcing the Zeal Center Vernal Equinox Fundraiser.

Also available as a Free2Z page.

4 Likes

It’s really cool that you are running this Mastodon instance. :zebra: :clap: :zebra: :clap: :zebra: :clap:

3 Likes

The Instance Report for April is now available.

4 Likes

The Zeal Center server is currently unavailable, it appears to be under a DoS attack as other Mastodon servers have experienced recently.

I’m working to mitigate the issue and restore service, I apologize for the disruption. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

2 Likes

Unrelated to downtime, what’s the best Mastodon client for Android?

Depends on what you mean by “best”. Tusky is very popular, it has a simple, familiar UI. Fedilab has more features and is more customizable and it also allows you to add accounts on other Fediverse platforms like PeerTube and Pixelfed.

2 Likes

If you don’t mind a web app, you could also give elk.zone a try.

The Zeal Center is back online. There might be a period with some slow updates as it catches up with the rest of the Fediverse, please let me know if you have any issues.

3 Likes

The Instance Report for May is now available.

1 Like

@ZealWizard is there a size limit for files attached to posts on zeal.center? I’m getting a 413 error.

These are the current settings:

1 Like

Oh! Ok. Then I’ll stop trying to make an hour-long video small enough to post there :sweat_smile:

Any chance you could raising that to 100.megabytes?

I think so, with the caveat that Mastodon by itself uses a lot of storage, so if many videos are going to be uploaded, we could peg the server.

Youtube links embed automatically on Mastodon too.

1 Like

Probably not worth it. Better to use video platforms for videos and social platforms for socials :smile: Thanks!

There is Peertube :smile:

1 Like

Mastodon actually has 407K+ more monthly users than it thought

Source: TechCrunch

1 Like

We now have a Mobilizon instance available at https://meet.zeal.center :tada:

This very cool platform allows for users to create groups, meetings and events and share and discuss about them. You can also follow the groups from your Mastodon account:

If any members of our Mastodon instance would like to try it out, let me know.

5 Likes

Nice tool! I want to try it out for the Zcash Spanish community.

Very exciting! Thank you for your work and attention @ZealWizard
:shield: :zebra: :magic_wand:

1 Like