Outreach Update

Does anyone with contact at Coinbase have insight to share about why they recently modified their Zcash markets?

I recall something similar to this happened in the month before Apex Crypto delisted Zcash.

(Apex Crypto delisting cause Zcash to be removed from both the WeBull and Public.com platforms)

I will reach out to the team, thanks for flagging this.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Wanted to provide an update on recent activities, apologies for the delay on my end, I have been sick and pretty swamped the last few weeks. Below are some key updates for the community and as always I welcome any and all questions or feedback.

New Email: beth@zcashcommunitygrants.org
(Thank you to the ZF team for making it happen!)

Friendly Reminder: I am currently part-time and my schedule is 8-10hrs per week dedicated to Zcash partnership related projects.

---------------------------------------- KEY UPDATES ----------------------------------------

Binance
I believe that most of you have seen the post related to Binance requesting some updates to how Zcash manages receiving assets from shielded to a transparent address types. While there are several people working on this - I am exploring it from a partnerships perspective.

My primary area of focus moving forward is ensuring we have adequate DEX coverage around the globe should Binance delist.

Exchange Mapping Project
At the request of the ZCG team, I have begun compiling a list of regional Zcash specific coverage by exchange. Some of this information is available publicly and easy to find, others make it a little more difficult. :slight_smile: This is very much a work in progress and I would love to see it evolve to include hyper-specific information like address types supported by region, etc. However, as I am one person and part-time at the moment.

Zcash Exchange Project - WORK IN PROGRESS

Let me know if anyone is interested in contributing to this.

Hash-Rate
As Jason previously mentioned in other posts, he and I have been working with Coinbase and various mining partners to are working on a Zcash promotional event with Bitmain and Antpool where we will be offering free Zcash mining machines and discounts to help new miners get started with mining Zcash. The date is still TBD but this will be hosted via Twitter Spaces and I will provide everyone an update here once we have that timeframe locked in.

Questbook
I have started conversations with Questbook to see how we can leverage their platform to allocate funding for specific Zcash features and minor projects as well as attract new developers. I will keep you updated if there is a path forward for us here.

---------------------------------- ONGOING CONVERSATIONS/OUTREACH----------------------------------

Lost Opportunities

Open Conversations:

Unresponsive:

5 Likes
3 Likes

If anyone wants to participate in the mining give away all you have to do:

Win a Antpool $5000 Mining Coupon for new miners interested in joining the pool.

• Tweet your favourite Zcash meme and tag Bitmain, Antpool and @zcash
    Make sure to use the hashtags #zcash #minezcash and we will announce the winner tomorrow at 9pm EST (24 hours from now)
  • Enter as many times as you like by posting and tagging Zcash as many times as you want!
  • Make sure that you have your DMs open so we can reach out if you win.
7 Likes

did a winner get announced about the $5000 award?

1 Like

I believe that Bitmain reached out to them privately, but I will confirm.

1 Like

@Beth thanks for the regular updates and outreach efforts

2 Likes