POLL: ZOMG Unofficial Community Poll 📊

Reminder: If you have not already done so, please complete this independent, unofficial community poll about ZOMG. Thanks!

4 Likes

How about 20-40 hours a week plus more resources. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Reminder: Please do not forget to participate in this poll. It would be great to have at least 90 respondents (which is the number of respondents in the most recent ZCAP poll). We’re almost there!

Thank you to everyone who already participated!

2 Likes

I posted a related note on my position, in case anyone wants to have a read. The post is about deferring the elections:

2 Likes

Reminder: If you have not already done so, please take the time to participate in this community sentiment poll. Given everything that has recently transpired, these questions are still very relevant.

Thank you to everyone who already participated!

5 Likes

I think that it’s clear that the experience and insight gained by the Original Gangsta @ZcashGrants
is a non-fungible, extremely valuable, resource that the community should leverage.

I think it’s obvious and uncontroversial that the OG ZOMG is competent and ethical.

Given the above what do I believe would be best for the community?

I think we should listen to them and adopt their recommendations, particularly where they are unanimous.

@secparam @zooko @tromer @hanh @dodger @amiller @alchemydc etc. are brilliant people and I have profound respect for their skills/insights, but a major feature of the ZOMG is to expand the set of voices that are providing us with insight-and-perspective.

We did a great job a recruiting a set of 5 perspectives and they now have the most immediate insight available into how the ZOMG might succeed.

Proposals For Benefitting From OG ZOMG Insight:

• Craft polls that only the OG ZOMG members can respond to.
  • Ask the OG ZOMG to publish unanimous recommendations they have for the future of the ZOMG.
    This can be a distillation of individual OG ZOMG perspectives published elsewhere. I recognize that @cburniske’s post has many opinions/insights… can it be distilled to those points that the other Four unanimously ratify? Can it be made into, or have an Official ZOMG Position made from- it?
  • Pay the OG ZOMG ZEC for enduring an extremely chaotic first year. They should be compensated for the work they’ve already done!
  • Create advisory positions such that veterans of the ZOMG experience can elect to remain engaged with the current ZOMG.
  • Encourage the OG ZOMG to remain on the ZOMG in whatever ways we can.
  • Ask the OG ZOMG to review, modify, and ratify-or-not e.g. the ZF’s / @dodger 's proposal for restructuring the ZOMG. I have a less informed perspective on e.g. @dodger 's proposals, or @zooko’s proposals. The OG ZOMG has the insight, let them decide.
  • Brainstorm other ways to learn from their experience.
    What’s the right question to put to the OG ZOMG?
    What’re the insights they have?
    How do we collect data from the experiment?

We elected the OG ZOMG to help us figure this stuff out, for Pity’s Sake let’s listen to them, even perhaps give them some extra attention relative to some of the more traditional influencers in the space.

5 Likes