Price Speculation

Volume is almost 40% of market cap, holy crap.

4 Likes

amazing! 20 characte

So it means our rocket fuel tanks are getting filled up and ready to launch?:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Something tells me Zcash is next to be added to Coinbase probably after Sappling. We will see. ZRX had big pump this week.

2 Likes

Volume > Market cap soon :grinning:

1 Like

Most of the volume seem to be coming from Bithumb (Korea)

Volume now over 50% market cap :sunglasses:

(according to Coinlib)

Pretty strange…
on coinmarketcap all bithumb volume is excluded… maybe bot manipolation?

1 Like

Maybe it has something to do with this?

I’m late to the party on the debate over security and hashpower, but this statement is true:

Coin security is directly proportional to miner decentralization; e.g. greater decentralization means greater security.

As far as value v hashpower goes, it would likely be impossible to pull a relationship from the two, but it appears as they have a tendency towards inverse relationships.

How about

Coin security is directly proportional to the mass decentralisation of the ownership of the majority of mining hashing power.

This allows pools to be considered secure, yet mining by hardware producing companies be it AMD or Bitmain is bad.

They have the skills to make an ASIC, they have the skills to have an internal testnet. nothing should be ever “tested” on any mainnet.

I think the hashpower == greater value comes from the old bitcoin days when this idiom was true. Only because at this time, when their was one, maybe 2 major coins then increase in hashpower can be seen as a bullish move, people spending money to mine at a loss, yet excited by this new tech.

This is not true anymore, no matter how many people want it to be.

It has changed to coins per watt. (profit ratios) which it always was, but the initial investments into hardware to mine at a loss - like i did - gave it greater value and increased the difficulty, giving the causation/correlation thing - I think don’t burn me for that. im technical not a trader, so I see things from this point of view.

I have written a couple of decent trading bots, but they all revolve around shapeshift rather than real trade bots. I have the price relationship of zec,btc,eth,etc (to each other not fiat) from shapeshift at 2 minute intervals since september last year (missing a few days here and there. all timestamps are unixtime. I added xmr when they forked to v7. If this data helps anyone, let me know what you like me to look at. I can tidy the database and share it too. it is under 10mb and currently mysql, but I can export to whatever.

If people would be willing to pretend to donate I might make a webpage where you can ask it your own questions. but realistically, this is not going to happen.

Also if anyone from shapeshift.io has a problem with this, please contact me.

In case it is not obvious I know nothing about trading nor anything about these pictures people keep posting. (but I can do graphs and calculus) This will probably be my only post in this thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m just a noob (who lost 80% of his account in zcash). So please tell me - to the moon or zcrash is dead? I’m tired of waiting.

If your tired of waiting sell all you have and come back in a couple of years.

Greedy people only see short term.

4 Likes

In two weeks i think we will see some up movement, so hang tight

1 Like

There is already not much reason to sell. My money had already went to few thousand dollars. I’m just asking. Nothing else. I’m not greedy. I was a kind of zcash fan, who bought some tokens even when it was 300+. And I’m still waiting for zcash rise. But I’m starting to doubt. I don’t see any efforts from zcash team. I only see bearish trend. May be it is in flat right now. So I’m just asking other’s opinion. To the moon or to the $1? (sorry for my english, I’m not native speaker).

Its silly to talk about sale now, knowing it could go to 2000-3000$ in 2020 :smiley:

1 Like

Here’s a summary of the senatorial hearing, the picture is hilarious

2 Likes

Long but intersting article, thx for sharing.

Most noticeable in my opinion is that KYC is not avoidable in future as both parties agreed to this.

1 Like

Assuming proper id security like encrypted databases is in place it really shouldn’t matter, and as far as taxation records go people should be paying those anyways
Like in his testimony, the privacy isn’t designed to hide you or your existence from the world like a recluse, it’s designed to protect things about you (mainly your finances) that are actually intimate and private

1 Like