Radical “to the moon” thread

If i have 210000 coins i get 50k votes? do you see the problem with this? (hint:FR and custodial wallets.)

what?

I take it you were not part of the discussions then. You should read the threads to get a feeling for how much and in what way the community was involved. You cannot force people to take part. the process was very open and there was no entry bar.

A good place to start is by looking at who voted on 1014 and why some people voted on the forums not on the CGP (now CAP)

Community manager?

do we have them? what do they manage? @fireiceuk

sorry, everyone. my gripes are just that, and aren’t productive use of my time. everything has tradeoffs, i guess. i’m going back to lurker.

1 Like

shieldedzcashd

EDIT:

Caption could be, ‘Sorry Kraken, its not going to work out…’

(I don’t feel guilty for moving)

4 Likes
1 Like

I have no idea what this is

Seriously :thinking:

1 Like

I think someone skipped on their religious education classes.

How on earth did you find that article? To be honest I cant really read past the first few paragraphs.

I mean are you sure it isnt a bot?

Like wtf? :rofl:

2 Likes

This person sent z2z messages to zecpage listings I’m assuming

4 Likes

“Some other issues the OCC hopes to clarify include whether other cryptocurrencies, specifically privacy tokens, are permissible assets for banks to hold, trade or lend on, Mr. Brooks said.”

3 Likes

interesting read!

“This pisses off the bitcoiners because they know, deep down inside of their self-identified genitalia, that Zcash has a key monetary characteristic which bitcoin does not — fungibility”

fantastic ending, agree with this 100%

“Zcash R0 > bitcoin R0”
i like sixten hodler… noticed the author capitalized Zcash throughout the piece, but not bitcoin …nice touch! bitcoin doesn’t deserve to be capitalized

3 Likes

when top 10

1 Like

lmao @ Bitcoin being “an ark of encrypted energy” these maximalists are clueless

1 Like

Above were the forecasts that a halving of the reward is enough for explosive growth, so if you believe the forecasts, the rate will soar after November 18, 2020.
If you look differently, then never or someone wants to make money on trading by pumping prices.

$200 by end of next summer, most likely September. Probably won’t be in the $1000’s until end of 2025 to early 2026. I don’t think that is necessarily soaring but is a pretty great return IMO, Of course if Bitcoin goes to $50000+ by 2023, then it will be in the $1000’s even earlier.

Full Z address wallet support and Halo 2 integration will be substantial upgrades to the Zcash ecosystem in 2021. There is probably more in the pipeline that we don’t know about.

As I said earlier, the problem of zcash is not in technology but in use, now they do not use zec, not because something is missing, but because there is no need, well, they will implement halo and there will be a lot of wallets, and what will this change, those who used will continue to use it those who have not used zec will not use it, there is a need for users, and it is not expressed in anonymity, or rather there is a market for anonymous payments, but it is illegal at 99.9 and zec is not needed there.
The rise in price can be and most likely will be due to speculation, I think this project has 100% switched to speculation, because the market capacity for using zcash cannot be high (I think about 100,000 per month at the moment), use as a means of payment will not allow the price to rise, bought zec, spent for the product and the seller exchanged it again for cash, no high price is needed for a simple clipboard. It cannot be used as money because there is no way to securely store it and spend it widely.
If bitcoin reaches the price of 50,000, this is only * 5 of the current price, for zec * 5 it is 300 and not 1000, another thing is if the rate is pumped as it was at 20,000, then zec can cost 5,000, it’s all about market manipulation. I see growth in relation to other projects, if the price grows faster than others, then I consider this a positive factor, speculation harms the market.

2 Likes

Once all of it is available people will use it. A lot of people don’t like the trusted setup and having to use t addresses. Once those are remedied Zcash will be better than Monero on privacy. The ECC is continuing to work with Gemini and I’m sure more exciting things are coming. There hasn’t been much of a reason to use Zcash until the wallets were completed and the trusted setup is gone. A supply audit of some sort would be great too.

Crypto in general isn’t going to be used much as long as value keeps going up and it is difficult to use plus people could get scammed. It will be quite some time before it is used regularly, besides ethereum. People can use it now, but don’t want to miss out on the future value.

2 Likes

The absolute majority does not care about a reliable installation, or the fact that there are T addresses besides Z, people need convenience, reliability, availability and savings. Cryptocurrency exists but does not do anything so far from what it was created for, there are many really interesting projects, as many interesting projects have already been closed, a simple circulation of money. Only thanks to the prospect of making money, all projects exist, without exception, this is a market and you can’t do anything about it (everything that interacts with cash was created to accumulate it, if cryptocurrency replaces money, then it cannot be exchanged for cash by definition, otherwise it becomes a commodity ) It is according to this rule that I say that if someone wants to make money on this project, it will be what happened, for example, with DASH (from 1 to 1500 dollars and then down) that the project lost everything that it had when the price went vertically, I think not , the project is the same just the hype is over. The only exceptions are bitcoin and ether, these two projects have a foundation and constant interest, everything else is simple price manipulation.
But there will be no pumping in the current direction, because it is impossible to present people as something super valuable, the question is rather how long the project will provide work for the organizations that receive funding, there will be no interest in increasing the price, just in the next crisis the price will tend to 0 ( if now bitcoin goes closer to 5000, then how much will zec cost, and if the price is stable for, say, a year, how many employees will expect that everything will be fine and remain in the team?) Such market risks lead to bankruptcy, or we we sell what we produce, or we close.

1 Like

So you are against making money? Do you not hold any Zec? I consider this phase the building phase and us HODLers are like investors that try to keep the price up, we mine and keep it secure and in return some day we will receive a return for helping to build this privacy project.

When the value has more or less stabilized in a few years, after the building phase is mostly over, then it is more likely to be used as a type of currency. I don’t see any other path forward to adoption. It is this way with all crypto since it takes years to build and the developers are learning along the way how to build them. You just need to be patient.

The public won’t adopt it until it is seamless and insured against theft. I think it will be four or more years before the public even starts to use crypto. Even then, projects like Bitcoin and Zcash have limited supply and are very rare and that will prevent people from using it to spend as money and not using it as an investment. It will take a shift in the way it is used for adoption to happen if what you mean by adoption is using it to buy things and not using it as an investment. It is used as speculation now since there aren’t enough people investing in it and there are a few whales that can manipulate the price. The more the market cap goes up and the supply gets more distributed it will be more difficult to manipulate.

2 Likes

They would very much prefer we all live in a panoptic surveillance state if for no other reason than it would simply make their jobs easier.
I actually struggle to find that other reason, do y’all know? Why law enforcement would advocate to strip basic protections, ones they swore an oath to protect no less, besides to aid in filling a quota? Let me know if you figure it out and I’ll argue with you about it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Woot!

8 Likes

Still sticking to what I said earlier. ZEC will be trading well over $100 by the end of November.

5 Likes