Resetting ECC-ZF Relations

In light of recent events, it seems to me that we need to take take some proactive steps to clear the air and reset relations between ECC and ZF.

To that end, I have just now emailed Alan Fairless (who sits on the board of the Bootstrap Project, which owns the Electric Coin Company) and Andrew Miller (chair of the Zcash Foundation’s board) and proposed a joint meeting of the Bootstrap and ZF boards to clear the air, and try to reset the relationship.

I don’t think that further discussion of this topic would be helpful at this point, so I’m going to pin and lock this topic.

34 Likes

The ZF and Bootstrap boards met last Tuesday (28th June). Members of both boards raised a number of concerns and grievances, and shared expectations regarding board members’ conduct, Zcash governance, and transparency (both in the context of compliance with the Transparency & Accountability obligations imposed by ZIP 1014, and in relation to the disclosure and management of conflicts of interest).

The ZF board welcomes the apology that Zooko published yesterday, and looks forward to further engagement with the Bootstrap board to continue the process of rebuilding trust between the two organisations.

20 Likes