Road map for Zcash.?

Is there a road map outlining the future of Zcash?

3 Likes

I try to keep up with Issues · zcash/zcash · GitHub & Milestones - zcash/zcash · GitHub

2 Likes

issues and milestones are great but where is the forward thinking?

2 Likes

https://z.cash/blog/index.html?page=0

1 Like

@zooko recently said over on the Zcash chat that they are working on a roadmap right now

1 Like

Yeah, we are going to put forward some “vision things” soon.

We’ve been just keeping things stable since launch, and putting out 1.0.x releases which fix bugs or address user issues. That seems to be working well. I’m really pleased with the current process in which we put out another stable release every few weeks on a regular schedule! Next one is coming in less than a week! 1.0.6 Milestone · GitHub

But we intend to keep that strong stable-release cadence going and also add some more ambitious upgrades into the mix soon.

2 Likes

Looking forward to a roadmap!

2 Likes

Maybe someone already asked; and it would be a nice addition to the website

Is the plan to be more like ethereum to enable people to create applications on top of zcash? Similar to the ERc-20? If yes, The market is moving a lightening speed, hopefully this can be done soon.

If yes, can you solve the cost issue? Ethereum cost to much.

3 Likes

There is discussion of UDAs (User Defined Assets) on Zcash. UDAs/ZSAs and burning funds for fees

1 Like

Thanks. People are creating the apps now. You really can’t afford to wait. The best tech isn’t what wins; It’s the best bundle which includes tech. Bundle meaning all the things people care about which includes privacy and also speed, reliability, cost. Etc etc. you should give people access to create the new finance / defi businesses and protocols now.

That’s why many are excited about UDAs. There could be private versions of many popular coins on Zcash like zBTC, zETH, etc… Halo is set to activate this October which lays the groundwork for many big improvements.

It seemed like the ability to create tokens for new businesses is the big use case? A lot of companies don’t have their own tokens; they appear to be created on ethereum; then they use ethereum for the gas. Is that right? Same with polka dot and Binance??

Cool! 4 years later I’m drawn back in by a notification thru my email about this topic!

2 Likes

Welcome back!!