Share your feedback on Zcash Documentation

@lindanaeunlee is leading efforts at ECC to update and improve Zcash documentation. You’ll notice a sleek landing page and a re-organized menu bar. More snazzy additions are in the works!

In the meantime, please help us improve the docs page by sharing your feedback. Fill out this survey with feedback and requests. We’re collecting feedback from now until August 15th. Thank you!

3 Likes

https://zcash.readthedocs.io/en/latest/rtd_pages/basics.html

Transaction expiration to reduce mempool bloat; default expiry is 20 blocks (50 min).

This should be “default expiry is 40 blocks (approximately 50 min)”.

if this is not a good place for documentation queries, feel free to move to another thread.

I’d like to know the following about zcashd behavior, but couldn’t find it in the documentation:

• what does the flag/config option port= do?
  • what does the flag/config option onion= do? (as seen here)
  • which of the following activities does proxy= actually route through the specified proxy? (more specifically, let’s assume proxy=127.0.0.1:9050 (Tor default), and onlynet=onion)
    • node discovery
    • block download
    • secure parameters download
    • listening for and answering requests
    • submitting transactions created by the client
    • general transaction gossip
    • (insert all other network activity I didn’t think of)
  • if I want to keep my datadir in a non-default location (and my zcash.conf in it), what are the minimum flags I can start zcashd with, and do I have to include datadir= or conf= in zcash.conf?

thanks!

3 Likes

if anyone is wondering, I found the description of the flags/commands in zcashd’s help menu (./zcashd -help). lots of good stuff there, but this thing should really be available online as a separate, more detailed documentation.

as for my other questions, answers are welcome!

1 Like

Have you tried posting this question in the Zcash discord channels? I’ll post a link to this thread there but I know that’s usually a better place for immediate responses.

This might be useful for what you described: https://zcash-rpc.github.io/

Please let us know if this does not provide the information needed.