Shielded Support for Ledger Hardware Wallets (NanoS+, NanoX)

The code is written from the ground up specifically for zcash. It should turn out to be smaller and faster. Therefore, I hope to save time during the integration phase.

14 Likes

My Ledger app can derive the keys and address internally and display on the device screen.

zcash-ledger

20 Likes

@hanh ur a wizard - wen this launches all Zcash community will thank you

3 Likes

Is there any chance this could ever run on a nano S?

1 Like

I think it will because my app is smaller than the bitcoin app.

12 Likes

Quick demo of the import/connect function

15 Likes

@hanh Iā€™m excited to audit your Ledger code! Iā€™m just wrapping up an audit of the Zondax code so I might have some suggestions that will be useful. Iā€™ll get in touch once Iā€™m done writing up that report. One thing I can say right away is that the more of it thatā€™s Rust, when thatā€™s do-able within the memory constraints, the easier it will be to audit. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

It is 0% rust.

I posted a video on Ledger app security & scalability. @earthrise This may be of interest to you.

9 Likes

z2z transactions work now.

They can be as large as you want (if you are patient) and contain memos.

29 Likes

I wrote up a shielded hardware wallet threat model for my audit of the Zondax code, itā€™s now public since it should apply to all shielded hardware wallets including this one: A Simple Threat Model for Zcash Shielded Hardware Wallets | ZecSec: Zcash Ecosystem Security

12 Likes

Hereā€™s a bunch of transactions of various types all made through the Ledger

t2t

z2z

z2t

t2z

Links point to a block explorer.

17 Likes

Good work!

:ship: it

1 Like

Looking good Hanh! :+1:

Edit: a box of scraps and a grant from your friendly local ZCG. Have a great idea for a project and the skills to bring it to life? Apply for a grant and help the fight to bring privacy to the masses!

6 Likes

A live demo

13 Likes

Ledger Live to YWallet

ledger-demo

Itā€™s ready for public testing. If you have a Nano S+ device and would like to try, leave your contact info here.

Edit: Removed Nano S

23 Likes

:raised_hand: contact in dm

Instructions are here:

Tested on MacOS

5 Likes

Amazing. What other teams couldnā€™t make in months of work, you did it in weeksā€¦

2 Likes

In the instructions you mention this:

• Nano S does not have enough RAM. It is no longer on sale too.

But you say here it would work.

Whatā€™s the final status of it?

It probably doesnā€™t work after all but I canā€™t check because I donā€™t have one. I maybe could make it work but Orchard would be out of reach anyway. I donā€™t think it is worth the trouble.

5 Likes