The future of Zcash in the year 2020

You are absolutle correct with that statement, but as well forget an important factor i mentioned bevor. The price as well effects the future of Zcash developement itself. It’s not only about speculators and investors, but as well as how much price affects the Zcash possibility to ensure developement and running their operations.

Best example is that a price of $50 the ECC was allready running on a deficit. Lucky there has been some dilution from the founders to allocate more funds to the ECC, but with an ending FR such options won’t be available after 2020 anymore.

In short, the lower the price of ZEC the less possible developement is possible. The lower the price the more general operations for maintaining and daily Zcash operations are at risk as well. Having the founders, ECC and & foundation as the single biggest ZEC recepients there should be a high incentive to do everything legal and possible to add as much as possible price stability, not even talking about a price increase.

There are endless ways and paths on how to add something to price stability and/or not to hurt such.

As the most current issue that hurts price stability is the funding discussion i will take it for some expamples:

Several months ago, i even think in this thread, i asked for a plan A, plan B, plan C from the ECC. Nothing. Sure, they might think why answer forum idiot boxalex, fair enough, but why not think about for 1 minute and check if there is some reasoning behind it? Now, maybe 6 months later, they are in the position they have to come up with plan A, plan B, plan C anyway. Outcome: Uncertainity.

When you Shawn, came up with this topic in January i think, which was actually a more than good idea, just some of us discussed it and than it got more or less forgotten. Why? Because there was no continous input from the foundation and even less from the ECC. Just nothing. Than wonder why the topic dried out? As you mentioned your own allready several times, there has been time since january latest to come up with ideas, proposals, discussions, whatever. But that’s not going to happen without haveing the deciding and guidelining entities not actively contributing as well. Outcome: Uncertainity and today’s time pressure as only 10 days are left for submission of proposals and we stil don’t know the ECC’s final stance as we still await the ECC’s response.

Non excisting prepartion for the whole funding discussion and/or funding outcome. While we talk about a mutli-million dollar funding and an allready ongoing founders reward that has created an estiminated $250M someone would await a proper proffesional preperation IF there is a wish to have some kind of further dev funding, which of course makes sense under several options. But hey, again nothing. Why not build up slowly but surely trust, yes i’am talking about trust here, which is way more important than just the advert twitter drums and is what Zcash believers need.
Even with the most simple research i bet that the results would have shown that the biggest beaf people have with Zcash is the founders reward distribution and that the biggest pie doesn’t go into development. That there is a huge lack of transparency, hence a lot of people love the foundations released guidelines now, but wait, there is again uncertainity because the ECC doesn’t come up with a response, something that should have been cleared out allready long bevor the 10-days away deadline. The options here would have been voluntary doing the best to get more trust, voluntary make a re-distrubtion of the founders reward so that at least the biggest part goes into the ECC and foundation, to voluntary change to a non-profit organization to show that they are indeed interested with All-in and willing to be transparent and accountable.

Just some examples what can be done without pump and dump. There are many ways how to influence price and/or price stability with good actions. Always just responding that we can’t do anything price wise is just not correct. There are 1001 ways how a given action influences price positive or negative. No idea why in most cases lately the negative ways are choosen.
This leaves even a bit taste of arrogance by the way.

So yes, in my opinion price has it’s part even in the future of Zcash 2020 thread as it’s the main part on what funding will be available in USD value. What would be a possible 20% dev fund be worth if ZEC is worth $5?

2 Likes