V1.0 of Zecwallet-Lite is now available!

Zecwallet-Lite is z-Addr first, Sapling compatible wallet lightwallet for Zcash. It has full support for all Zcash features:

Send + Receive fully shielded transactions
Supports transparent addresses and transactions
Full support for incoming and outgoing memos
Fully encrypt your private keys, using viewkeys to sync the blockchain
Android Companion App

Github Page: GitHub - adityapk00/zecwallet-lite: Zecwallet-Lite is z-Addr first lightwallet for Zcash.

This project was possible thanks to a grant from the Zcash Foundation

I want to thank all the beta testers for your feedback, and for the broader community for your continued support!

9 Likes

I clicked on the link about the grant, and under todays pricing 1170 Zec for this long wanted and needed tool is a bargain. I then click the discussion tab and was shocked to read that ECC has a Wallet Team?

What has this team been doing for the first 2 years, since there is at least a trail of work since 10/18?

Was this team created around 10/18 to release the Zcash - QT / ZecWallet?
Did the original code from this come from David Mercer for Zcash - QT / ZecWallet?

I don’t know why you’re shocked about it; updates about the reference wallet team have been posted to this forum for well over a year.

The ECC wallet team was formed in mid-2018. Prior to that (and in fact during), the members that were at ECC at the time (such as myself) were busy working on Sapling, among other things.

No; it was created to develop a reference wallet, and in doing so build libraries and SDKs that wallet developers such as @adityapk00 could use to build wallets.

I don’t know where the QT GUI code comes from (@adityapk00 can speak to that), but the wallet code in Zecwallet-Lite is the combined work of the ECC reference wallet team (the Rust libraries and lightwalletd that were developed as part of the reference wallet) and @adityapk00.

4 Likes

Zecwallet is written from scratch, and is not derived from any previous wallet.

It also makes extensive use of wallet reference code and libraries created by the Wallet team at ECC. Specifically, it uses librustzcash extensively, along with many of the components of the light wallet protocol.

5 Likes

I’m shocked because the first 2 years of Zcash the only windows wallet was created by a 3rd party person David Mercer, not Zcash. Which is why I asked if the team was created around 10/18. I see in your link that it was chartered around 8/18.

I’ve known (paid attention) for the past 9 to 10 months that @adityapk00 was working on the Zcash - QT / ZecWallet, and I remember that there were a few people working with him on the wallet team that are now no longer employee’s. Don’t remember reading any updates stating new people had been hired or allocated to the team and since 1 person does not make a team; hence the" I was shocked to learn there “is” a team."

1 Like

Very good job @adityapk00 (as usual :wink:
I noticed that it creates a zecwallet-light-wallet.dat into the Zcash folder.
If I rename my wallet.dat file (coming from a ZecWallet full node) into zecwallet-light-wallet.dat, is it supposed to work well ?
Thx

BTW, feel free to ask for any french translation of the ZecWallets.

Tested, I’ve got my answer…

ZecWallet-lite_error

Do you think it would be possible to make both wallets compatible with each other ?

Hello. Unfortunately it’s not possible to make the full node and light wallet compatible with each other. I’m working on an import feature though, that should let you import keys into light wallet.

3 Likes

You rock !
:+1: :pray:

2 Likes

Any news about the import keys feature ?

In addition, it would be nice if we could choose the sender’s address.
Look forward :pray: