Welcome to the Zcash Forum!

This is a community for discussing Zcash, an open-source, decentralized cryptocurrency that offers complete and flexible confidentiality.

Please read our Community Guidelines.

18 Likes

code of conduct leads to a 404 page.

6 Likes

thanks for noticing @bitcoina, I’ve updated the link. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Guys, just downloaded a ZCash win wallet, can’t sync the wallet and can’t find the nodes to add to config.
Hmmm… any help how to synchronize the wallet ?

2 Likes

I read and accepted all the rules of the community.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Zcash Community Forum! What brings you here?

1 Like

I want to ask a question. I decided to trade on cryptocurrency exchanges. I found review HitBTC Exchange Review — Is It Still Usable in 2021? | by Richard Godard | The Startup | Medium on the exchange on medium. I want to consult if I trade coins and ignore verification, can they force me to do this?

1 Like

You can’t withdraw anything without verification, in many cases you can’t even deposit. But the exchanges that need verification and let you deposit and trade for sure won’t let you withdraw until verification is done.

1 Like

Yeah KYC is a must on any decent exchange that has volume. I am also very nervous about my identity documents being stolen. They are in over 10 exchanges 2 of which have alredy been hacked. Bitfinex and QuadrigaCX.
What do you think @boxalex do you share the same fears? And wouldnt an encrypted blockchain be far superior from a personal security standpoint than sending your docs to some company in the Cayman Islands? There must be a way to implement some sort of OPT-IN KYC model where the documents are stored on a blockchain encrypted and a two part key is required to access them, both from the user and the exchange. This could also be very valuable for decentralized exchanges…

1 Like

Uhm, interesting questions. I’am registered with KYC for sure on over 30 exchanges and on some decentralized exchanges without KYC.

I personally have no fear on whatever, but the exchange i hold some funds to get hacked.

But i have to admit that tax reasons are not a concern for me due the very good amigable tax law here in Bulgaria. I just have to pay taxes once i made a profit and converted it to FIAT. I mention this because i’am 100% sure this is a bigger reason for many others.

About identity theft or identity documents being stolen. No, i have no fear this to happen or if it happens to have a negative impact for me. I’am a very “transparent” person in general living in the EU and i feel good protected by EU and national laws.

About encrypted documents stored on a blockchain i can see several potential problems:

• It would be against EU law that the issuer has the right to be forgotten and documents to be deleted.
  • It would raise other security problems.
  • It could make it an even more interesting target for bad actors as a lot more information would/could be on such blockchain over time.
  • There could be verification problems. For example i once made a mistake upon verification and it took me 2 weeks to have it fixed with support. How would such mistake be handled on a blockchain without centralized organization?
  • ID and passports expire, numbers are changed and often even names are changed (especially female names), such issues can easyly be handled by human support, but i have no idea how this would be handeld on a blockchain without again having a centralized organization behind it.
  • Who would verify the identities on a blockchain? I mean creating an identity on blockchain or whatever is fine, but it must be verified to give/have rights and obligations. If it’s again a centralized organization they must keep again records anyway making it no different than an exchange.

The only thing currently i could think about to have documents stored in an encrypted blockchain is if the government itself controls it, some kind of digital signature many countries allready have.

Just my opinion of course.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I have read and accept the forum rules

1 Like

hello every one, today i feel so good, i read guidelines

3 Likes

We should get NEXO to accept Zcash for loans. It would help funding!

3 Likes

quando vamos começar a minerar

1 Like

Invite your friends (Wizards are Welcome)

10 Likes

Bitcoina that’s a cool name!

2 Likes

Hey how can I post a technical topic as a new account?

1 Like

Hello I here to introduce myself to the community.
My name is Teranji I am from Atlanta Georgia.
I have full time trader/investor I understand business management. Im a strong believer in the Zcash mission. So buy that been said I would love to dedicate my time to help spread awareness of Zcash. Add as much value to the community as possible and I would love to be apart of Zcash ambassador program.

5 Likes

I confirm that I have read the Community Policies.

I got to know Zcash at a difficult time during the 2019 pandemic and I fell in love with the project, I believe in its potential.

I decided to start participating in the community, I know that I don’t have the technical capacity to help the project, but I know that the slightest participation can help in some way.

He who walks alone may arrive faster, but he who goes accompanied,
it definitely goes further.
Clarice Lispector

“Quem caminha sozinho pode até chegar mais rápido, mas aquele que vai acompanhado,
com certeza vai mais longe.”
Clarice Lispector

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Problem sending ZEC (tx unpaid action limit exceeded)