What are you listening to?

That’s awesome, I’ve got a set of 1200mk II’s from a guy who at that time was upgrading to mk IV’s (he was into glitchy, peak hour house), I had them serviced a couple years back now I can’t remember how much it was though, it’s ironic because if I didn’t think about Zcash so much I guarantee I would play with my setup a little more! Oh well!

Recording is more my thing, if I really had the time I would probably spend it with my recording setup

3 Likes

They, they are, they are beautiful. I want to get mine out of the loft now. I can see my mixer on the shelf. hurm actually if you are more into making music, you might want to swap mixers. I have a allen and heath x23c (yeah the cheapest one, but still - it is a mixer with a mini pc and soundcard inside.)

Wasn’t the mark 4 a downgrade? iirc? or was that the +10 pitch one? Im sure mine are mk2’s, but my pitch slider looks different. does yours click when it hits +0? Im going to have to go up into the loft arnt I. will find a ladder and post some pics :slight_smile:

I don’t even have it set up. nor my really old school Technics/Pioneer tape deck (yeah pioneer own technics - or at least they did at some point.)

I just don’t have the space. Im using my monitor speakers as tables (250quid each!) what needles do you use? I cant see any in there, I tried obifron concords, but they felt too light and slippy. (yeah I know what is a dj if he cant scratch? - found they weren’t that good at that either, too light or too idk, straight?.) - I was pretty annoyed with them tbh. Maybe they work better on vestax.

I cant remember what stantons I used to use. - they looked nothing like yours tho. yours look more like concords (just not blue and fatter)

Any advice? I would like something softer, so I can mix, with my old records and not worry about damaging them too much. Want some concords?

1 Like

Thx, I used to have a midi controller but I never got into it that much, I think the IV had the +10 overpitch
Theyre (now discontinued) Numark CX-1’s, I had to look it up cause I couldn’t remember, I remember I got them for a good deal

If you’re looking to get a new set I would say just keep your eye out for the good deals, I remember comparing quality and durability and price when I bought mine
With two different needles you might just keep the scratching limited to one deck, it’s a compromise too though

1 Like

ah it was the IV’s with the over pitch.

I cant believe I have never thought of this in 25 years. That’s a really good idea. I can get a soft “home record player” type and keep that on one and just use the concord on the other. I wonder what that will feel like. will let you know and post some pics :slight_smile:

Those numark look just like concords.

im looking for something similar to this

where I can adjust the tracking weight. they have better ones but they look the cheapest. even then I bet they are a few hundred quid.

1 Like

Who was out in London last night :slight_smile: ?

Havent seen aphex twin in years. Might have to catch him this year. he seems to have gone back to his old style.

2 Likes

Found this, hardly any docs

Stevie Ray Vaughan (20 chars)

1 Like

I read that and Stevie started playing inside my head!

This house is rockin, don’t bother knocking, come on in

All good stuff.

1 Like

Dokken - because some days you need more than two coffees to wake up.

3 Likes

Close your eyes and listen…

1 Like

Sometimes you see a young lady, focused on the right things…

2 Likes

And sometimes you get to hear about them being focused on the right things :wink:

1 Like
1 Like

Queen - Friends will be friends

Los Prisioneros - El Baile de los que sobran

(everywhere, all over the city)

1 Like
1 Like

This is what it looks like when an AI dreams.

Oh and its JJ with White Rabbit!