What are you listening to?

3 Likes

As for me music or any sound interferes with work, so I do everything in silence

2 Likes

Captain Rock - Cosmic Blast

1 Like

I enjoyed this discussion and would recommend it to you all!

2 Likes

It was this until youtube pulled it. didn’t realise.

anyone have a copy?

I have most of the other stuff. this was my favourite tho and the tracklisting is not complete :confused:

So im listening to this instead. - insides album by orbital. - So good. to work to.

(along with the green, brown albums and aphex twin selected ambient works 85-92 (this was before windowlicker, come to daddy and the more experimental stuff.)

2 Likes

Ah, yes one of my old favorites Orbital. Along with Fluke

And of course Sasha

2 Likes

I have proper chills. I was at that tribal gathering! - I remember (some) of it!

Orbital at Glastonbury has to be the best thing I have experienced at that sort of thing though

IDK why they put this in their day set, this how I felt after breaking through the fence. this just came blasting out of the speakers.

notice how the really complex bits are actually each person taking lead (they are brothers irl) and a lot of this is half improv.

I was also at this and saw this…

I feel old. but I am glad I was there!

2 Likes

Sh*t is liiiiit!

1 Like

Mood today ; )

Doing some midnight forum reading – my first forum post, btw.

3 Likes

Hi @zkskull welcome to the forums!

1 Like

Worakls

I’m getting back into reggae and its associated jungle dnb

A lot of people seem to be into their Amen Breaks.

You can find this beat in everything and everywhere. - it is the most sampled beat by far. (this documentary was recorded 15 years ago and they are still using that break)

edit: there is quite a profound statement by a judge about copyright law and over/under protecting it at the end.

I was part of the UK rave scene. - so this break is a lot of my history.

4 Likes

this is an interesting video.

I have heard the Amen break so many times but never had a name for it!

Fascinating video @mistfpga

1 Like

That was neat, I never got into jungle or breaks real big, I always preferred house and trance but yeah everyone knows that sound, pretty interesting

Oddly enough that Jeep commercial bit reminded me of a GMC commercial from a few years back that featured a DJ Shadow song from a really good record called Endtroducing which is some super praxis turntablism (I actually liked it so much that I recorded it and uploaded it to YouTube it one time [Endtroducing..... - DJ Shadow - YouTube])

this thread deserves alpha trading music

2 Likes

If you like this sort of thing, I have tons on vinyl and an extensive set of youtube playlists. Yeah I know shadows stuff really well. :slight_smile: - I might even get my 1200’s (yeh the silver ones) out of the loft and service them. We could have zcash radio with me screwing up every 3 minutes. (haven’t mixed in years, but its like riding a bike, right?)

Anyway I will transfer my playlists from my personal account to my public one and you can go nuts on early 90’s rave, drum n bass, jungle and documentaries on its history (I am not old enough to have got the acid house era) and I never went to the hacienda :frowning:

If you are into crazy beat juggling and mixing of “normal” music - check out radio soulwax and too many djs’ - I have lots and lots of this too.

This is Destiny’s Child (Independent Women) into dolly parton (9-5) into royksopp (melody am) all in 90 seconds.

1 Like