What is zfnd.org?

Alert: Before posting this, I just noticed that my old bookmarks to https://z.cash.foundation/ no longer redirect. This redirect is important. It is how I myself found zfnd.org via my bookmarks, years after I had last accessed the site. What happened? The Internet Archive observed its last non-redirected snapshot on 2019-01-15; it first saw the redirect on 2019-01-21, and last saw the redirect on 2022-01-28. I know that the redirect was active a few months after that, but I do not recall exactly when.

IMO, it is wise to seek pointers from trusted sources. Anyone can set up a website with totally fake /about, /foundation-governance, etc. pages claiming some association with Zcash. Moreover, cryptocurrency is generally rife with phishing copies of legitimate sites. A site in itself cannot be trusted as the sole source of its own identification.

That said, as @ambimorph pointed out, a trail of links leading from here to there is not difficult to find. My first thought was that perhaps OP may have been using Tor, but that seems unlikely in the context.