Who hasn't yet voted in the ZCAP poll?

Naming and shaming…

11 Likes

A lot of us would like to participate in ZCAP voting so if any of those named here lack interest, please raise your hand and respectfully step aside.

Btw - some of those named here have not been on this forum for ages. Perhaps it’s time to update this list.

1 Like

I’ve beaten the dead horse 5 times this year. But nothing happens except more complaining each time a low participation ZCAP poll concludes.

ZCAP needs a rule for purging inactive members.

1 Like

I will abstain from this vote

2 Likes

@Dodger Perhaps we should have abstain as an option so the rest of the community can see participation?

Otherwise, there are folks on this list that have not been active for years. It’s not right.

@joshs respect for abstaining and participating.

4 Likes

Casting an empty vote is already an option.

3 Likes

Excellent. Then we should be able to see who participates and who does not.

IMO, those who do not participate should not keep their right to vote in the future.

1 Like

The zcap is pruned and new members added at least once per year I’d say, if not more often.

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times. I do not like disenfranchising voters. Unless someone is actively malicious towards Zcash, it makes no sense to disenfranchise them. Instead, we should find positive ways to encourage voting.

5 Likes

I voted in time and would appreciate not being “shamed” before the poll closed :pray: @Dodger

5 Likes

Not participating is different from abstaining. If folks do not vote (hence inactive), we should provide these voting slots to folks who do actively participate. Why is that controversial?

For example, Joris left this community ages ago. Should Joris’s ability to vote be maintained? Come on, we can do better or are you suggesting we leave voting to folks no longer active in the Zcash community?

4 Likes

when they don’t vote, it hurts the ecosystem. the key presumption being the person is qualified technically and acting in the best interest of the zcash blockchain and ZEC (which i’m not convinced the ZCG voting members always are). They have a duty to vote or they disenfranchise the people relying on them to make intelligent and sound decisions that will benefit ZEC.

3 Likes

Casting an empty vote isn’t the same as abstaining. Empty votes could cause an applicant to appear to receive less then a 50% approval vote was raised as a concern during the June election.

1 Like

Like I already mentioned, good reasonable improvements for ZCAP methodology have been proposed and supported for a long time.

I think that some individuals in power don’t care enough, don’t have the resources, or don’t have the technical capabilities to improve the polling mechanics.

There is a common belief in Zcash that everything ought to be left As-Is, it’s as old as time when then decided to not even tinker with the emission schedule that was copy pasted from Bitcoin.

Crypto thought leader, Ryan Selkis, recently called out Zcash for its poor decision to copy paste the Bitcoin emissions schedule.

How bad have things got to get before we step up courageously, and make direct, material changes?

1 Like

There are not a limited number of “slots”. New members can be added anytime ZF wants to without subtracting current members.

We don’t know what is going on in people’s lives. Maybe they had something come up that prevents them from voting for a period. IMO they shouldn’t be “punished” for a period of inactivity of unknown cause.

Whether one agrees or disagrees with removing people, let’s at least be clear that right now removing people due to inactivity is solely an incentive tactic to try to get them to vote, not something that is important for the integrity of the outcome or the enfranchisement of other community members.

2 Likes

They can be removed, and if they desire to rejoin, then they can self-nominate or be renominated.

Being removed due to consecutive inactivity is not intended to be permanent.

2 Likes

David - it’s not punishment. It’s responsibility and participation since they have been assigned an important role in the Zcash community.

If folks are having personal or professional issues, we wish them our best. However, if those issues affect their ability to do their job, then they should pass the responsibility to those who have the time, capacity and interest to do so.

How many times per year are folks asked to vote?

How much time does this actually take?

I am telling you some of the folks on that list are no longer participating in this community.

2 Likes

Lol that guy is definitely someone to counter.

1 Like

Imagine applying this logic to politicians who govern you.

74.3% have already participated in the current vote. But we really need to get the list in order. Does anyone really believe that for example Buterin will vote on the ZCG issue?
When was the last time he even voted? Clearly he is on this list just for the sake of ZCAP’s image.

3 Likes