Zashi Wallet: Feedbacks

Hey, guys!

Kudos to the team for the launch, of course!

This quick thread is for me (and others) to post feedback on Zashi. I hope this will be useful for the team and that you will consider opening a properly featured voting board. (I don’t think more votes == better, and the execution needs to follow a strategy, but at least it would help ECC understand the feedback)

PS: the official channel for Bugs is within the app, so it’s best to stay there!
PS2: again, as with any feedback, those are my opinions, and I don’t expect them to be universal and/or accepted by the team; I’m just passing my thoughts. I also don’t expect answers from them; build away! :slight_smile:

Type: UX Feature Other
Version:
Platform/Device:
Description:

I will start by realising that some of my feedback was probably already discussed and is part of a more extensive strategy. I also know that some clunky things come from “big” block times…

Version: 1.0.3
Platform: iOS
Description: When clicking on Transaction ID have the option to open an explorer.

Description: If there’s no message in the transaction, do not show “No message included in transaction”

Description: If you are shielding your funds the transaction should not read “Sent” but “Shielded” or something more descriptive of what’s going. Having the amount showing just the fees paid is a bit confusing too.

Description: Ledger/Hardware Wallet Integration (I know this is already in the roadmap)

Description: When typing the amount of ZEC to send, it would be great to have better quick controls (e.g.: 10%, 50%, MAX).

Description: You can click on the transaction header to expand the transaction, but you can’t click on the header again to collapse it. Remove the “Collapse Transaction” button by changing it to this interaction.

Description: You can’t send a transaction after sending one. I assume the wallet is waiting for a block confirmation (but couldn’t confirm because there’s no link to go to an explorer!). You go to send, you are allowed to put an address, and then the only feedback is that any amount you input comes with a red error message “Insufficient Funds”. That’s not very clear. Also, “available balance” keeps spinning without feedback if this is loading on my phone, the server or it’s waiting a block confirmation.

Platform: iOS iPhone 12 Pro
Description: The transaction fee info from the SEND screen is below the button, just outside of the view, making the screen scrollable by just a little bit. There’s enough white-space to kill the scroll.

Description: Introduce some “feedback” similar to “pull to refresh” in the Account page. This page people are constantly waiting for things: to see the transactions they are receiving, to send payments, etc. Sometimes you don’t know if things are “refreshing” and can introduce some anxiety.

Description: Introduce USD value when sending ZEC. I assume it was a very deliberate choice not to include anywhere in the wallet. I’m typing my feedback to highlight and add a counter-point. If Zcash is private digital gold, then it’s worth money. Don’t alienate your users based on ideals!

Description: Put the “Send Feedback” button/action inside the “About page”. I expect very few people (over the longer-term) to use both either way.

12 Likes

Excellent feedback!

Be sure to join the new ECC Discord to chat with the ZASHI team:

5 Likes

Needs a dark theme. I open it up and its like a flashbang!

5 Likes

i can say it had dark mode in early alpha so it will def come soon back

2 Likes

Dark Theme would be awesome. Also need wallet to display value of ZEC balance in usd!

4 Likes

any plans to integrate Maya once ZEC is supported?

1. Face ID / Touch ID
    Opening the app should require face id / touch id, same probably when sending the tx. It’s scary that I could hand someone my phone and he could spend me coins

2. When you first try scanning QR code in “send” view, it asks you for the camera permission. Even when you allow it, the label that says something like “camera permission is not granted” doesn’t disappear. It afaik only disappears after reopening the app.

3. Account view should show sender address for t-address transactions, not the receiving address, also link to explorer

4. Balances page is very confusing, I consider myself a veteran, but yet was still confused early what does “change pending” and “pending transactions” really mean. Could you please somehow rewrite this to be less confusing?

5. big UX issue, I’d say absolutely crucial: balances should show new ZEC straight after hitting mempool, but it should be clearly visible that it’s not confirmed (at least 1st confirmation). This is a big thing, people will be worried what it’s happening if you keep it the current way, please need to see… A-HA, TX HAPPENED! just not confirmed, ok, i’ll wait. They should see almost immediately after someone sends a tx, that they received it (yet not confirmed).

6. i’m confused what the hell does “export private data” mean, since it’s not exporting the seed. It’s an archive… is it realy needed? For simplicity, why is it needed? Is it for <0.0001% of people who would do accounting based on shielded txs that cannot be seen on explorer? Consider removing for simplicity or making the feature less confusing or more self-explanatory.

7. allow us to disable diagnostic reporting!! even if u keep it enabled by default, there should be an option.

4 Likes

RE point 3
when someone sends me coins to t-address, the account view should show his address, not my own t-address. It’s pointless to show my own address.

Argh, this is not an official thread. Please guys, could you send/foward my feedback to the Zashi devs?

@zashifeedback They see it, don’t worry

1 Like