ZCash core developer proposal

Hello zcash community, my name is Alfredo Garcia, i am from Uruguay(South America). I am a C++ blockchain developer, had been working on different well known projects in the past. About 1 month ago i started to check zcash more closely specifically the technology and the team behind it. I got impressed by that so started to work in some github issues that were open to get familiar with the codebase and the people. That experience went pretty smooth so i want to contribute further in a more formal way.

I wrote a short draft on where i think i can bring the most value at least initially: https://gist.github.com/oxarbitrage/ff4290e1cc3d20a2c009c353bd74242e

But i don’t have idea if the community want to invest resources in a new developer now or if you guys are fine with what you have.

Hope to get some feedback. Thanks!

1 Like

welcome to the forums!
not sure if this is up your alley, but looks like ECC is hiring https://electriccoin.co/jobs/

1 Like

There’s ZF Grants if you want to get a project going - good place to start ?

PS: Bienvenido & saludos desde Chile :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @kek . I saw that and i think that in general i am in line and like what ECC is and represent and will be definitely great to work there. In the other hand the process seems long and complex (4 weeks of interviews) and even if i got some nice technical feedback from the Arborist team i didn’t had any from HR or representative encouraging me to do it in the chat channel. I am proposing something less ambitious initially and gain reputation.

If they encourage me to start the process i will definitely do it however i don’t want to waste their time nor mine. Just need them to say “do it, you have possibilities” or similar.

I am thinking in a grant as an alternative, shorter duration, independent(will help with the dev decentralization), probably less cost to the community.

To be clear, i am looking for work, i do coding for a living since ever and i will need funding however, i am not desperate for money, i am more interested on finding a spot where i can fit inside this community that i think from the technological aspect haves great potential.

2 Likes

@ChileBob thank you. There are a few ways to work in the zcash core on my view:

1. work for ECC.
  2. propose a zf grant.
  3. do voluntary work.
  4. find a business that sponsor your work.

3 is fine for a while but it will be impossible to sustain in time. 4 is possible by knowing the right people but it will be limited to specific feature the business want.

So i am targeting 1 or 2.

The ZF Grants seems to be more suitable for new projects but i don’t see any to work in existing ones. I think anyways the grant system is versatile enough to accept a proposal of this kind even if never done.

PS: Saludos y gracias. Espero de corazon que Chile pueda arreglar aunque sea un poco los problemas que estan teniendo.

4 Likes