Zcash gets a mention!

if you wanna know why ZEC/BTC pair has been torched - “53% of all observed blocks originate from china”, when there’s not a single ZEC/CNY pair to trade. ZEC/USD has been shredded because it’s illiquid. when ZEC/USD is illiquid only takes a couple hundred ZEC to control an already skittish market.

2 Likes

The ‘kek indicator’ is warming up… :slight_smile:

1 Like

not 100% sure, but with this information couldn’t somebody a lot smarter than me might be able to figure out a rough estimate on how much ZEC miners are dumping/holding?

The United States Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) is planning to run through contractors a bitcoin and an ethereum node, in addition to “as many as possible of the following blockchains: Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, Zcash, EOS, NEO, and XRP Ledger.”

2 Likes

Replace SEC with literally any other word and its no less meaningless!
Flying monkeys
Beet farmers
Forward Turbo-Banana Command
Every person named Mike
Sentient donuts

See!
(Ill see myself out…)

1 Like

Interesting thought.
I don’t think it’s possible to make an accurate calculation for that as too many factors are involved. Beginning from different hardware used, different miner locations and electricity prices and different financial background of the miners up to different targets of the miner. Means some miners can have a better financial background and be able to to pay for electricity from other sources while holding.

There are a couple of other problems making a calculation, for example the miner mostly won’t sell immediatly but at a point he thinks the exchange rate is a bit better or in intervals, for example weekly, monthly, and so on.

This means in my opinion the best someone can try to calculate is an estiminated average that miners might need to sell. The best approach to get an estimination of average dumping per day would be using this data:

• network hashrate
  • divided with average hardware hashrate to get an estiminate of hardware units.
  • multiplied by the electricity usage by such unit, could be the Z9 for example.
    = This would result in an estiminated average count of mining units + an estiminaged average electricity usage in kw/h for these.

The next step would be to make a calculation of how the miners have to pay for electricity per day and per country they are located. Something like"

• China x kw/h multiplied with average chinese kw/h price x 24h
  • USA x kw/h multiplied with average USA kw/h price x 24h
    and so on.
    = This would lead to an average estiminagted cost of the electricity used for mining ZEC per day worldwide by all miners. This would (at best) give an estiminate average idea on how much the minimum dumping per day is. I’am quite sure, even without garantee, that it would be the minimum as other costs are involved as well in the mining process, like taxes, hardware costs, wages, cost for cooling, hardware failures/replaces, whatever not which additionally should lead to a sell pressure on the average mining process.
    Again, it would be at best an vage average estiminate on how much has to be dumped to cover the daily mining process costs which is the best approach in my opinion to your question: How much is dumped by miners.
3 Likes

“New crypto project ranking list by Chinese Center for Information and Industry Development (CCID)”

1 Like

Zcash sticker spotted in the wild

5 Likes

Is that higher or lower than last time? Feels like we’re slowly being edged off, people have privacy for thousands of years there’s nothing creative about that :neutral_face:

1 Like

Only 31 ranking, two below Monero. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Big part is about the funding …

https://medium.com/swlh/monero-and-zcash-f788b96bb6cc

1 Like

Apparently nobody’s told that guy Bitcoin is only for hodling :joy:

Btw I’m changing the terminology, it is now, more appropriately, haughtaling

3 Likes
5 Likes

That more and more block-chains are attempting to implement privacy solutions such as ZK-SNARKS, further proves the amazing work the ECC has done for Zcash these past four years and should compel the Zcash community to vote in favor of ensuring that the ECC is funded for the next four years to further cement the success of Zcash and empower as many people as possible with economic freedom.

6 Likes

Haven’t posted to this thread in a while, told you 2020 was going to be interesting

3 Likes

This picture came from an article about exchange and lending tokens and doesn’t mention Zcash at all :man_shrugging: new meme background

7 Likes
7 Likes