Zcash Mini-Documentary & Educational Series

That’s a good idea, I would recommend interviewing the Winklevoss twins too.

8 Likes

Hi all,

We recently completed our Milestone 3 deliverables (social media cutdowns, rough cut of Tier 0 video, and near-final cut of Tier 0 video). ZF has seen and approved the deliverables.

To summarize our work thus far, we created a transparency report/update [Zcash Media 2022 Transparency Report.pdf - Google Drive] for those that are interested :slight_smile: There may be some surprises in there for the avid follower.

The transparency report also contains some information about our Halo video (The Ceremony, Powers of Tau, and Halo Video) and our plans for an upcoming trip to Colorado to get additional interviews with Vitalik Buterin and other prominent cryptocurrency figures.

Thanks for supporting us thus far and we look forward to providing an additional update on our next steps early next week.

18 Likes

Looks great, I am very excited about the months ahead!

2 Likes

Thanks @rekodi ! We are excited too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all,

After discussion with ZF and ZCG, we re-arranged the Milestones in our grant to be able to take advantage of a new opportunity to get some high impact interviews for our short documentary.

Instead of Milestones 4-9 being the production of additional small videos, Milestone 4 is now the preparation and execution of our team’s trip to Colorado during the time of EthDenver to collect an interview with Vitalik Buterin and other prominent cryptocurrency figures (Erik Voorhees, Kevin Owocki). We believe including these folks will increase the production quality and broad appeal of our short doc. We have already completed Milestone 4 as of last Saturday by booking our flights to and accommodations in Colorado, as well as lining up the interviews with the help of Zooko :slight_smile:

We also added new Milestones 5 and 6 for post-production to include the new footage from our upcoming trip, as well as perform the finishing touches (animation edits, coloring, sound, etc.) to bring the video to perfection. We split up the final post-production budget into two halves so that we can get paid half up front and half upon delivery of the completed short doc.

Thank you!

37L

16 Likes

Thanks for posting the update and all the best for the rest of your recording trip!

12 Likes

Hi all,

It has been a whirlwind of a week, but we are happy to share that we completed all the interviews we had hoped to capture while in town. During our time in Denver we were able to film Vitalik Buterin (alone and in a fireside chat with Zooko), Kevin Owocki, Erik Voorhees, and another solo interview with @zooko.

Here is a link to some screen shots from this footage:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Fjpn2szwj_2egDXUpgy_GXz05NwPlcuK?usp=sharing

These screenshots complete our 5th milestone. We will now bring on the editors, animators, colorists, sound mixers, etc necessary to edit this footage into our cut and finalize the videos for release!

Warmly,
37 Laines Team

13 Likes

I don’t have anything of substance to add, but just want to say I’m very excited to hear this and I can hardly wait!

9 Likes

Hi all,

We have premiered our first video! We hope you like it. Although this marks the end of this grant, we also see it as the beginning of a longer effort to create high quality educational content about Zcash and related topics. Please enjoy the video and share widely!

YouTube link: Future Money: What Is Zcash (ZEC)? - YouTube
Odysee link: Future Money: What Is Zcash (ZEC)?

Thank you,

37L Team

9 Likes

Sorry, as there has been some rearrangement to the grants, how many videos will @zcashmedia release (in total with other grants)? Is it only the Future Money and John Dobbertin videos?

6 Likes

Such great content. I just want to say I love it.

4 Likes

Those two videos are the ones covered completely under our current grants. But much of the production for future videos was also accomplished as part of filming for the first two videos. The completion of further videos will be proposed in a future grant.

2 Likes

Is tier 1 part of the proposal?

That was part of the original proposal but not in the revised one, I believe.

Ohh didn’t know that.