Good day all, please help go through my grant application and comment. Thank you
Hi @ogasky - Thank you for submitting your grant proposal! We will review it in the upcoming weeks and reach out if we have any questions.
In the meantime, if you have any questions for us, you can post them to this thread or DM us at @ZcashGrants.
Zcash Community - We want to hear your feedback on this grant! You can post your comments to this thread or DM us at @ZcashGrants if you’d like to provide feedback in private.
Acknowledged. Thank you.
This proposal looks great!
My only comment is that the timeframe of 6 months seems tight, especially for the post-production and publishing of the documentary (Milestone 7) which could possibly be a separate grant proposal to be submitted closer to completion of the rest of the project.
@ryan.taylor I want to thank you for your comment and as regard your concerns for the post-production and publishing of the documentary (Milestone 7) but however I want to assure you that, we can achieve Milestone 7 within the 14 days timeframe, in the sense that we will leverage on the WittyHub 4 hubs network to shoot these documentary videos simultaneously in these 4 cities within 4 days, where these videos will be sent to the headquartered hub where the post-production and publishing activities will be carried out, and these can be achieved within the remaining days of the timeline.
On the other hand, if the grant committee deemed it fit for the Milestone 7 to be applied as a separate grant proposal as you have suggested, then it is still okay by me. Thank you once again.
@ogasky, thank you for your submission. After consideration from @ZcashGrants , and sufficient time for the community to provide feedback on the forum, the committee has decided to reject this proposal.
The committee appreciates your grant submission efforts and encourages you to continue as an active member of the Zcash community going forward.
I suggest taking a look at the following initiatives to get involved with if your interested:
ZF A/V Club:
@decentralistdan duly acknowledged but I have some questions that require answers. They are:
- can I know why my application was denied this time around, reason been that there were similar projects with even higher budgets but they were approved?
- Zcash is not popular in my country Nigeria, was this project still out of scope?
- Why is my project been treated differently from others all the time?
- Should I now believe that the approval process is free and fair? or I should stop applying?
- What exactly must I do to be treated fairly in this project grant application process?
Please I need answers. Thank you
To be fair, Zcash is not popular in any country.
From my perspective, the grant was low-effort and high-ask. Almost $100k would be ridiculous to be approved for your goal of 10k impressions on YouTube.
I also don’t understand why you need dedicated hardware to teach people about Zcash.
On top of all of that, your proposed documentary: “How well is Zcash known in Nigeria” could be answered with one sentence: “Not well known”. I don’t think a documentary is needed for conclusion.
(Speaking as a Zcash community member)
@pkr thank you for the response but if Zcash is not popular in any country, can’t it be made popular?
- Why is it that when it is from me, it is usually low effort high ask, but for others not that.
- The training I talked about was in-person in 4 cities, are we not going to pay for space or venue for this training and the other activities in the proposal, and I gave the breakdown for the 6 months. So where will I tagged that in the grant form? is it not hardware that explains it well.
- If you feel a documentary is not needed, you can as well advice on what you think is needed.
Finally, I sincerely appreciate your comments. Thank you.
The recent @ZcashGrants meeting minutes will be posted early next week where you will be able to see the committee’s comments on your grant.
@decentralistdan acknowledged and thank you.