~ Zero knowledge about Zero Knowledge Proofs - Question

Hi, there!

I’m in the process of developing an application to help some local people regarding COVID-19 and I need to collect some personal information that I would like to compute on, but not necessarily have the raw result.

I’m exploring options as receiving, calculating and just storing the computation, and a few others (a kind of shards of data clusters, etc etc). But I wanted to ask about ZKP’s:

Would it be possible to receive an encrypted X, compute F on it and have a clear value Z? If not, would it be possible for the client to compute F(X) and provide me Z and I verify the results somehow?

I understand that the question is kinda broad, so I’m gladly accepting links for resources! Thannks!

This will probably help you.

1 Like

Would it be possible to receive an encrypted X, compute F on it and have a clear value Z?

Yes, this is possible through using Homomorphic Encryption and MPC. [Google recently open sourced their private join and compute which facilitates this] (Google's Private Join and Compute gives companies data insights while preserving privacy | VentureBeat)

Privacy Preserving Computation as a field is just now emerging as truly viable. are also being used today to help competitors operating in the same market or to allow collaborations in highly regulated fields, such as drug discovery. In one of the first commercial implementations of PC, the Danish Sugar Industry collaborated with Partisia® to develop a confidential production contract exchange amongst sugar beet growers, enabling the industry to readjust to new market situations.