Zero-knowledge Audiovisual Club

Now you can follow ZkAv on bsky.social, too.

2 Likes

Press passes are great!

A lesson I learned early, from H.S. Thompson

and highly recommend, for every occasion.

Coming soon to the av club near you!

:zap: :shield: :zebra:

3 Likes

Don’t sleep on Zk Av Club events and activities.

:zzz:

You’ll never know, what you may have already missed :wink:

1 Like

If i were to identify one event as the start of the av club, it would be Hacker’s Congress at Paralelní Polis (Prague 2017)

Thomas Hunt (Mad Bitcoins & World Crypto Network) was one of the only people, ever able to get me out from behind my camera and talking to the livestream, before starting the club in Jan 2023.

Witness, the power of friendship, and historic insight into the state of independent nomadic crypto livestreaming in 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YZRP-cUVvw&list=PLPj3KCksGbSYtIJUp0IALHK8VSsbjt44n&index=25

:arrow_up: this video, specifically, is full of clues to the club’s near future :zap: #foreshadowing

Want more of my journey through Bitcoin/cryptocurrency/blockchain history?

I’m currently digging into it, for the first time ever, in the Zcash Global Gallery*
*with pictures!

hi! i’m ryan taylor :grinning: youtube.com/adjyleak

welcome to the zero-knowledge audiovisual club!

shields up :shield: dazzle on :zap:

3 Likes

Great pics! Always doing a good job :fire: :muscle:

2 Likes

The Zk Audiovisual Club :zap: :shield: :zebra:

sprouted from Zcash
with cypherpunk roots
running through Ethereum
to the very heart of Bitcoin

Do you want to know more?

Join us. Hackers unite!
zeal.center
bsky.social
𝕏

3 Likes

Introducing ZK Radio :zap: :shield: :zebra:

A radio station created by a Zcasher for Zcashers :satellite: :rocket: :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Support the creator of ZK Radio with Zcash $ZEC

:heart: :zap: :shield: :zebra:

Now broadcasting, in trial period, worldwide :earth_americas: :earth_africa: :earth_asia:

Shields up!

4 Likes

Just :shield: it.

just-do-it-just-shield-it

Send your love for this GIF to @zerodartz :zebra:

:heart: sharing is caring:
https://tenor.com/view/just-do-it-just-shield-it-zcash-nike-zec-gif-2775580549870103972

5 Likes

just discovered another lost artifact from 2015.
a (dead) website that i started and completely forgot about.

the homepage text:

The hegemonic narrative continues to disseminate status quo messaging while new ideas rarely receive broadcast exposure.
Tools exist to begin dissolving the concentration of mainstream ideas which stifle the growth of innovation and culture.
We’re here to ignite the flow of alternative and emergent ideas through live and on-demand video.

and, there’s one post …

2 Likes

More cypherpunk history, more Zk Audiovisual history.

Continuing notes for a history project. Forum posts start here.

This video was released 2014, August 13, filmed around the world, during that summer.

The first San Francisco Bitcoin Meetup livestream was September 2014. Unfortunately, i cannot find that video.

And, then …

October 2014, the SF BTC Meetup livestream (the earliest that i can find) features @paullinator talking about Bitcoin Wallets :zebra:

ICYMI: there are stories from the prior year, with videos, pics and links, in the gallery channel in Zcash Global Discord

3 Likes

Wow. That’s some serious blast from the past. Look at all that hair I had!

4 Likes

The Zk Av Club Workshops are cancelled

while I’m preoccupied with organizing offline, building a new club structure. We’ll be in touch.

2 Likes

zkav + ia = <3

GETDecentralized
2015 April 01

4 Likes

Hey Zeal-tastic friendz and famz!

There’s a lot happening behind-the-scenes, afk and offline, to build the Zero-knowledge Audiovisual Club strong foundations for a long, fun and sustainable future.

This week, we’re meeting with Internet Archive and dWeb SF to brainstorm av club presence at dWeb camp in August :camping: :movie_camera:

If you plan to attend camp, please contact me so you don’t miss any of our av clubhouse party on Endor!

:zebra::zebra::zebra:

3 Likes

screenshots of some youtube analytics

including data from around 600 videos made since Fall 2014.

Note: There are some duplicates of livestreams that were also uploaded after the broadcast, for various reasons.

a glimpse at some current behind-the-scenes metrics from my youtube channel (since 2014)

Adjy Leak

jumping to the least viewed of the 387 videos on this channel …

San Francisco Bitcoin and Blockchain Berlin meetup channels are also a part of Zk Av Club history:

Redecentralize 2015 had some of my favorite presentations and i just checked the stats from there and discovered that the closing video from that event has more than 18k views on their channel.

And, here are some numbers from the Zcash Foundation Youtube channel, for Zcon 0-2

ZconV, metrics exported today

Finally, numbers from the Zk Audiovisual Club channel:

All this, as some threads >>
mastodon@zeal.center
bsky.app
𝕏

5 Likes

Wow!

A video making and content creation machine!

A great example for ZM…

1 Like

Most of these videos were made between 2014 and 2019, in the US or EU. Almost everything in that period (planning, production, post-production and delivery) was all done by me, often working with event organizers, on a volunteer basis.

All that research and effort, a decade of trial-and-error building livestream production for totally niche community events, was only laying the foundation for the av club.

You ain’t seen nothin’ yet :wink:

3 Likes

World Crypto Network is also a part of Zk Av Club history.

Especially, though not solely, at Hackers Congress Paralelní Polis (2017 and 2018). Scroll up this thread, to see the interview with me at HCPP17.

2018 interview with me at HCPP

Mad Bitcoins and Max Hillebrand

and some view stats (from yt front end) for the livestreams …

Hackers Congress 2017 at Paralelní Polis

Hackers Congress 2018 at Paralelní Polis

The HCPP stuff was streamed to World Crypto Network channel. We streamed for long periods of time, all day, every day, during those events, and had friends roaming the conference looking for people to bring into the interview space. The original full-length streams can be found at the bottom of each playlist.

1 Like

While I’m here, sharing youtube things

Though i didn’t make a playlist for every event that i streamed, and this hasn’t been updated for a while, the playlists in this screenshot are from 2014 to today and are available at
youtube.com/adjyLeak/playlists

Playlists are an essential part of the Youtube search and discovery algos. They are used to draw connections between similar content and channels, like how tags are used but (i think) they are much more valuable in search results and recommendations.

1 Like

dWeb Camp SF + Zero-knowledge Audiovisual Club

HOT NEWS: We are GO FOR dWEB CAMP SF 2024!!

Our presence and activities at camp have been growing each year and this year we’ll make a really big splash and a metric boatload of new audiovisual content.

It’s always an honor and a pleasure to work with the dWeb community and, ofc, our friends and connections at Internet Archive are invaluable and cherished.

Here’s a video about dWeb Camp SF, if you want to know more …

Currently, I think there will be around 10 Zcashers at camp this year (roughly 500 people).

Can’t wait!

More soon …

3 Likes