Zingo! Release Announcements

Hey folks! It’s been fifteen days since our last release.

Today I am thrilled to announce a new release, Zingo 1.3.5!

Immediate UX Upgrades:

• mobile device security-locking to prevent unauthenticated access to Zingo on unlocked devices
  • Portuguese language support, thanks to @vito !!!
  • basic mode is now Tron-blue colored! (We’re eager to hear if people like it.) This should help make it obvious which mode you’re in.
  • Long Memos now have a new screen
  • wider vertical spacing for menu items (for those of us with large thumbs)
  • bug fix for edge case: Loading a YWallet short view key
  • bug fix for edge case: Fresh wallet and no server

AND… drum roll…

• Address Book Support (with explicit authentication warnings)

This Address book work is the result of many, many hours of hard work by @Juanky (who is also responsible for almost all the other user-facing features!)

Props to @Juanky !

Meanwhile in addition to these fantastic new features that impact users today, the ZingoLabs (Vermilion) team has also been hard at work “behind the scenes”), developing the groundwork for the next set of UX enhancing innovations.

Regtest Mode

We’ve added code to zebrad that will make it easier to test against! I think it’s really important to clarify immediate beneficiaries of this work:

• zebrad (The Zcash Foundation) gets more features
  • lightclients (e.g. Zingo-Mobile, and YWallet) get a requirement fulfilled that permits running existing tests against zebrad
  • zcashd (The ECC) gets to move toward a well-deserved retirement, removing significant development and maintenance burdens from ECC engineering
  • ZingoLabs Vermilion gets to interface with the zebrad codebase, and zebrad developers

This work will have a positive impact for multiple different groups within the larger zcash (and indeed Privacy) community. This is by design we are responding to the constraints Big Mama Necessity has provided, and delivering on goals that align with e.g. the ECC priority of retiring zcashd. If it seems to you, that development in our space is accelerating… well it seems that way to me too.

Librustzcash Upgrades

We’re also contributing to the core librustzcash sync implementation this work will allow new consumers to benefit from the sync-engine in librustzcash, including zingolib, but also consumers like web wallets. Again by contributing to critical areas that benefit multiple member of the development community we are ensuring that our efforts produce a high ROI.

Wrapup

In summary, we’re heads down contributing in the ways that seem best for zcash and privacy. I’ve highlighted some of our efforts above, and pointed out that we are efficient and offering immediate benefits to end users. To end this post I want to say that probably the most important part of this process has been the great pleasure of building a great thing with great people. It’s been fantastic working with all of you in all your different roles. It’s a real privilege to be writing this post for you, the builders of a better way of being.

17 Likes