ZK-Snarks as a Service

I really like the idea of focus on utility. I hope, in the long term, the utility of ZCash can speak for itself and by doing so increases the monetary value of ZCash based on its material use.

I’ve been thinking that we could use non-fungible ZSAs as pseudo cryptographic token for signing/encrypting. This might allow 3rd parties to use zcash for authentication ZSAs - Sign in with ZCash.

I’m not sure how the economics would work for raw cryptography as a service as you mentioned but I imagine by adding the unique features we can provide as a blockchain we might have something with value over other cryptographic services.

I wonder if abstracting away the signing/encryption keys allowing for things like private key recovery and transferable private keys is a service potential customers might use. This could be done with fungible and non-fungible ZSAs. @pkr like yourself I’m just spitballing ideas. Any thoughts/ideas/feedback is valuable :blush:.

Scenario 1 - Multiparty board/committee

Imagine a board of 5 members that are responsible for distribution of funds. Each of the members holds a unique non-fungible membership ZSA. Each member/ZSA has the ability to “sign” things on chain (and maybe even off-chain). It’s has been decided that a transfer of funds (on-chain or off-chain) requires at least 3 member to sign something. We also have decided that 4 of the 5 members are required to transfer a membership ZSA.

At some time in the future the board decides 1 of the 5 members has served their time and a new member should serve. Despite the member not agreeing to relieve their position they all sign the transaction of the ZSA to the new member.

Scenario 2 - Level 1 as a Service

A community of people decide their new awesome blockchain idea is should provide privacy for all. They decide L2 proof of stake is the way to go and they can do that using ZCash.

All members are distributed their share of “currency” and “staking” assets. They configure a consensus rule for the currency ZSA that only allows a currency transfer to occur if 50% of stalking value sign the transaction. Each staker node enforces the awesome blockchains consensus rules and signs the transaction if appropriate.

Scenario 3 - ZSA recovery

An asset holder decides they want to protect against the risk of losing their ZSA by provide a 2 stage recovery process. They only want someone to be able to recover their ZSA if they are able to provide a valid proof of identity check, and also respond to an email verification check. The user finds 2 seperate centralised services that offer this. The services are configured to allow transfer of ZSA if 2 of 3 parties sign the transfer (User private key holding ZSA, Email verification, Proof of Identity check). If the user were to ever lose their private key they could private a new private key to the email verification and identity check services to transfer the ZSA to.

1 Like