Zooko's news thread

@Jeroen, if you haven’t done so yet, you might like to take a look at the introductory mining tutorials here and here. Welcome to Zcash.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Excellent news! :grinning:

1 Like
9 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

This feels sooo right, I never feel good when someone struggles financially. And for someone that has so much potential never less!

Big up @anon47418038! I hope this brings you some new and creative brainstorming power!

4 Likes

• There is FUD swirling in China about the possibility that the Chinese government will shut down crypto↔fiat exchanges. At the same time, the Chinese crypto wallet Bitpie just added Zcash support!

4 Likes

• I gave an interview to a Spanish-language magazine that is widely read by cryptocoin fans in Latin America: https://criptonoticias.com/entrevistas/zooko-wilcox-zcash-criptomoneda-blockchain/ Send it to all your friends who have connections to Latin America! :relaxed:

7 Likes

• Please consider donating to the victims of the Mexican earthquake: http://donate.airtm.com/ You can donate in ZEC! https://twitter.com/theairtm/status/910323369639272450

If (for some weird reason!) you don’t have any ZEC, you can also donate in BTC, etc. here: https://blog-en.bitso.com/bitcoinaidmexico-part-2-381118556cf7

Donate your ZEC! And buy more (or earn more for selling goods and services) to replace what you donated.

5 Likes

Just got a letter from AirTM (the Mexican company organizing the donation campaign that accepts ZEC) which read in part:

Appreciate your support, you just helped deliver an autogenous cutter which will be used to remove debris preventing a group of people to be rescued from a collapsed building.

The building used to be there.

For now, money is what’s most needed to get doctors and rescuers the supplies they need to work.

Rescuers are in desperate need for shovels, pikes, buckets, pliers, saws, and helmets to help remove the rubble on top of buried people.

Doctors helping the injured need gauses, syringes, antibiotics, gloves, and analgesics to provide first aid.

So, getting the word out to your community is truly helpful. Let me know if we could stick the Z Cash foundation logo on the landing page, it would most likely help drive donations.

The city is a big mess, sirens are all you can hear, 230 have been reported dead, look at this map of all the affected sites. Everyone still fears an aftershock.

Luckily, everyone is doing everything they can do to help. Hopefully, some of this new found unity will stick with us after we get over this disaster. It is much needed here.

7 Likes

As you know, I don’t like “zero sum thinking” about Zcash vs. other cryptos, but I do like seeing Zcashers generous donating to help people in need:

7 Likes

J.P. Morgan and the Zcash Co have shipped a working implementation of Zcash-crypto on top of J.P. Morgan’s enterprise blockchain: Zerocoin Electric Coin Company Integrates Zero-knowledge Security Technology on J.P. Morgan’s Quorum - Electric Coin Company

Now there’s an open source enterprise blockchain with a zero-knowledge settlement layer.

I’m proud of our engineering team for finishing the project in less than the time we estimated it would take when we started. That’s pretty rare in software development. :wink:

16 Likes

Bravo! Great work everyone!

• “The Internet Needs Privacy-Protecting Public Spaces—the Zcash Foundation is Now a Public Charity Dedicated to Building Them”—home - zcash foundation
4 Likes

GJ! South America is the region with most dire need of ctypto! No friends though :frowning: I have from Spain though!

Dash is making an effort to establish recognition in a number of South American countries. Also, the Spanish language section of the new Dash Discord server is doing fairly well. Discord

Dash uses a modified version of Coinjoin. This is inferior crypt0 on multiple levels when comparing to zkSnarks. DASH is all marketing. The crypto n00bs will flock to it.

Okay, I’m going to stop posting update to this thread. I’ve realized that I don’t get around to it often enough to show even the really most important news, like this one: New Zcash Team Member Announcement - Electric Coin Company Welcome to our new team members! They are all super great. Get to know them. :relaxed::heart:

So I’m going to stop updating this thread, and instead suggest that you look here:

2 Likes

This is fascinating! Tezos has performed their full on-chain governance process: Reflecting on Athens, the first self-amendment of Tezos | by Jacob Arluck | TQ Tezos | Medium Also—the article mentions—they are working on implementing Zcash Sapling! Also it mentions that turn-out for on-chain governance in other systems is typically 5–7% of eligible coins.

5 Likes