You do not have to like it. There are alternatives: Write your own, use an open source miner. You have paid for the GPUs. Why do you expect to not pay for the miner?
You do not have to be surprised that there are private version of miners around. Your post explains exactly why: Selling a miner privately is much less risky to end up with nothing. Releasing it public means people will try to deprive the devs from their income. So, your action just makes public miners less available and private ones will be sold at a higher price… I prefer spending time on programming than selling, that’s why I was looking for a way to make the miner available to everyone.
Personally, I prefer working on optimizing the hash kernel instead of deploying counter measures against circumventing the dev fee. People like you make me spend more time on the latter ![]()
Hacking the software for yourself is one thing. Selling it is just brazen. You did not do any contribution to the mining.