Alternative to mainnet.z.cash

I have a node that has addnode=mainnet.z.cash in config. The node has been working fine till yesterday. However, due to a new firewall rule mainnet.z.cash was blocked in our network. It may take few more days to relax the rule. However, apart from mainnet.z.cash, are there anyother trustable public nodes that we can connect to?

Currently, the sync halted as it cannot reach mainnet.z.cash.

1 Like

I’m happy to randomly select a couple of IPs that my node is connected to & forward them to you… let me know.

1 Like

That will be really helpful!!! I don’t mind a full list too :slight_smile:

Sent.

It should find more nodes on its own once connected, do ‘zcash-cli getpeerinfo’ to get a list.

4 Likes

Even without the addnode line, your node should still be able to fetch peers as long as it can make DNS requests to either dnsseed.z.cash (which might also be blocked by your firewall if it is blocking *.z.cash) or dnsseed.str4d.xyz (which I operate on my personal domain). You can also manually fetch peer IPs from them with e.g. dig dnsseed.str4d.xyz and then addnode the results.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply @str4d, unfortunately both domains are blocked and my node cannot connect to those.

Bitcoin works without adding any addnode parameters. I wonder why this is must for zcash. Any thoughts?

Any other independent node maintainers that can help here?

1 Like

https://explorer.zecmate.com/network has a list of active node (with their current uptime). A bunch of these are backup nodes for miningpools so they are pretty reliable.

3 Likes

If you can connect to the Tor network and have the tor daemon running, add the following:

addnode=zcmaintvsivr7pcn.onion
addnode=zcashiqykswlzpsu.onion
addnode=zcashqhrmju6zfhn.onion
addnode=zcashgmvxwrmjsut.onion
addnode=zcashz3uma65ix7b.onion
addnode=zcashiyf4kxluf3x.onion
addnode=zcashwfe4x3jkz2b.onion
addnode=zcashvkeki52iqpc.onion
addnode=zcasha3cmfrpy7b7.onion
addnode=zcashz7ed3nvbdxm.onion
addnode=zcash5adwfpxfuvf.onion
addnode=zcashixg5ol2ndo4.onion
addnode=zcashuzwa365oh3n.onion
addnode=zcashskbeoiwtym3.onion
addnode=zcashuyvk5e7qfzy.onion
addnode=fhsxfrwpyrtoxeal.onion
addnode=zcash2iihed2wdux.onion
addnode=w3dxku36wbp3lowx.onion
addnode=zcashuhmzycmlwld.onion
proxy=127.0.0.1:9050

2 Likes

We finally resolve this issue by opening the firewall. Thanks for all your support.