Anyone still GPU mining ZCash?

It doesn’t look like it right now. Under 3 ZEC per month at 16k. There are power supply costs, shipping costs and customs fees on top of the $2000.

ASIC mining is beginning to look like a Ponzi scheme as only the prior customers get the coupons and it takes the coupons to get your money back from the investment. I see a few recent ASIC’s where the miners didn’t even get their money back from the first batch. If there were only GPU mining you will get your money back if you buy the new generation soon after release. GPU companies don’t release faster versions every 3 months. I am still making money with my GPU rigs 7 months after starting on the last generation.

1 Like

I’m still making money from my GPUs 18 months into it. But nvidia has no responsibility to me to make sure that is the case. Neither does bitmain. Neither does zcash co. Mining is as risk laden as buying coins outright.
I bought asics from bitmain. I dont trust bitmain. I dont think they intend to act in anyone’s self interest but their own.

At least you are honest.

https://asicminer.co/shop/asicminer-zeon-160000-Sols

160k! Where can we sign up?

On their website of course!

But I’d like to point out that one can buy 23 Z9 Minis at that price and out hash it by over double for the price.

No
Theyre 850
If anybody pays 2000 plus all of those royalties and stuff then yeah it’ll take 4 months not 3

I have no idea what country you are in, but i doubt you have some 100% VAT there or?

Realistic it would be about:

• Z9 mini : 850 USD
  • PSU: 110 USD
  • Shipping: ~100 USD DHL Express 5 days to europe
  • VAT: 20% on Miner/PSU/Shipping = ~210 USD
  • other Duties: up to country mostly, but in case there are i guess they should be in the range of USD 100-200.

In my EU country there is even no VAT on the PSU for some reason, just as an example.

Total for the Z9mini: USD ~1.270-1.500

I am referring to the 1st batch.

Were those 2k plus all that? Sorry of im mistaken and thats the case ( I see that it was in fact ) they’ve been going for a few months now though so you should be just about there I’d say huh?
And given the only cost like $20 a month to run (max) you should be able to hodl that I think

just throwing in some numbers for the Z9 mini:

current per day income: USD 25-35 as it’s going up and down / 16k overclocked Z9mini
monthly electricity cost: ~ USD 40 at ~$0.14/kw/h / 16k overclocked
current profit per month after electricity: USD 800-950

Just giving some guidelines at a given electricity cost so it’s easier for some people to calculate things.

2 Likes

Yes it was $2300 with everything. It will take 3 months total to break even it looks like. Two more months to go.

1 Like

Those are some solid looking numbers! Were you not concerned that overclocking the Z9 Mini would damage the unit?

It shouldn’t be any different than overclocking a graphics card really, just have to keep it cooler, maybe a few erroneous computations but really the heat is the key issue

1080ti is now pulling in less than 50 cents a day if you have to pay electricity. Why would anyone mine zec with a GPU now?

Nope, as long as i can keep them “cold” it’s ok and i never go to the extreme ever and use overclocking always use some steps (1step in the case of the Z9mini) below possible maximum overclocking.

Right now the temperature of my Z9mini is 59-63C constantly which is pretty low for an overclocked asic.

And no, i wasn’t concerned as i have a lot of experience in overclocking/downclocking my asics as i do it with all of them that have the ability D3’s are downclocked to stay efficient and profitable, rest is overclocked and so far i never had a damaged unit.

1 Like

you can switch to BTG if you want to stay on the equihash algo, gives you some more cents …

That logic is also assuming that you’re selling it immediately which is what that $0.50 comes from (your taxable income), ive read estimates of $65k in 8 years so that .002 zec or whatever would be $130
Profitability calculators are for miners who have to sell in order to stay running because otherwise it doesn’t apply to you hodlrs
If a frozen DeLorean manifests in front of you in a flash of light and somebody gets out of the seat who looks a lot like you except really old and tries to hand you something that looks like a market graph, take it

3 Likes

Not anymore. I ordered a couple A9 mechs. I will be selling immediately. I intend to use the profit to purchase additional mechs. There are several really good ones pre-selling currently for several algos.

1080ti down to 30 cents a day. At this rate it will cost more in power then return it you pay electricity

Anyone else notice a huge drop in their payout ratios in the last few days? It was probably a pool switching to ZEC then back to another coin. The GPU’s are not mining as much as they used to. Mining rates seem to be reverting back towards the mean.

I’m making $0.50 /day with a 1070 on ZEN@ Luckpool