Anyone still GPU mining ZCash?

If so why?
I have switched to ETH and it’s paying double. With Asics coming to further wreck GPU mining, is there any reason to mine zec?

I am. Just waiting and see when it goes down to much.
Still 3 rigs on Zcash, still making the same amount. But I never switch between the best paying coin.
Eth I don’t mine anymore, sold my Amd rigs in Jan.

The why question, I still believe in Zcash :grin:

3 Likes

Me too. Staying on ZEC with my GPU’s until the profitability drops below ETH levels to around XMR daily profit. I have all Nvidia cards so Zcash is still over 1/3 more profitable than ETH. I am willing to make less with ZEC mining while I accumulate since I am long term bullish on it. I will switch the GPU’s to a different coin if I can make more than Monero. I have a couple of Z9’s coming so I will keep mining with them until they don’t make enough for me to bother with them.

Since the new generation of Nvidia cards is about a year away, according to recent rumors, I can still sell them then and make about what I would make now. So worst case scenario is I quit mining altogether early next year and sell all the GPU’s and best case is 2-3 years. Beyond that I am not sure there will be individuals mining anymore. Until then I mine and HODL as much ZEC as I can and sell it when the price goes way up.

1 Like

when my asic arrives I will switch to another coin. but I wont stop now.

not all about $$ to me , I believed in the zcash project and I only mined it and never mined anything else.
I will support the project as long as I can. or till I see its no longer stands for the values I believe in.

2 Likes

So it seems like quite a few people here may be switching to Asics for zec in the coming months. Interesting turn of events. Upgrade or die I guess. Poor GPUs. All hail Bitmain. It’s funny, my nvidia cards the 1060 are more profitable on ETH.

Nope, not switching to Asics.
Still don’t see their advantage for me as a little miner.

1 Like

Once ASICs get into service it won’t be profitable to GPU mine any longer; this is my expectation. There’s no reason to stop GPU mining right now, though the clock it ticking and time is almost out. I’ll switch to BTG when the bell tolls. I’ll likely trade it for ZEC at that point. Unfortunately, ASICs are coming for ETH, too…so that option is almost over.

I am considering getting a batch of Z9’s but I am fearing the difficulty will be to the moon by the time they arrive. Their redeeming feature is that they sip power…that’s a HUGE deal if you ask me. Unfortunately, these ASICs are what the future will require.

2 Likes

Seems we are on the same road.
I give it another month, by then my GPU will lose money and I turn the rigs on another Coin. Maybe some coin that is already big, like BTG or monero. Or 3 months on shitcoins and praying it will be the next Bitcoin hahaha

Same here. I’m still mining ZEC. With 2-13 cars Nvidia rigs. Waiting for my Z9’s also. Got a few on first batch. Prob move to zen cash with the gpu rigs when my z9’s come in. Just gotta flow with it. This is crypto. Everything changes day by day. Lol

3 Likes

I’m still mining Zcash :heart:

4 Likes

Just switched to ETC.

1 Like

If you own nVidia cards, it makes sense to stay with ZEC currently. and If you own smaller cards like the 1050ti’s, you can’t mine eth on them effectively anyway. All my 1080ti rigs are still on ZEC and will stay on it as long as my share count stays good since i have free electricity on most of my rigs. Also ASICS would be too loud for my environment.

1 Like

I still have 12 RX480’s on ZEC. Profit is very low, but I’m happy to just trade electricity for ZEC. It’s very disappointing that ASICs will be killing me shortly.

1 Like

It seems there has been a big difficulty spike. I guess a lot of people are getting their z9 mini delivered

1 Like

This is not always the case. My 1060s are pulling about the 25mhs on ETH. On zec, maybe 315 sols with 20% more power used. So if you pay for power, eth can be more profitable. When the z9 and the 40k sol Asics hit, gpus will be trash on zec without an algo change. If they can start producing FPGA cheap, plus get the code easy, all gpus are done.

I switched my miners onto Bitcoin Gold (lol) this morning. I’m on Pool.gold, but I think it’s screwed up or something…I’m planning to move to btcpool.pro either tonight or in the morning tomorrow. The ZCash difficulty is at an all time high, and I see it only going higher (my prediction is 60million by September 30). If I had newer hardware I’d go to ETH, but the ASICs are coming for them, too anyhow.

Good luck to all those who hang in there…I’d like to get a batch of ASICs and go back to ZEC, but since BTC shit the bed, Ima wait for that mess to get cleaned up first…more lol.

1 Like

My baby will go ETN next week, I’m guilt sad about how gpu mining has been pushed away from zcash. Still I believe in zcash but I’m in Germany and 200 bucks for electricity for this rig needs to be earned…
Bye bye …

2 Likes

I sadly switched to eth today. Broke out my eth enlargement pill

You can get way more profits as you can really drop the power per card used as you increase the memory. I had to switch off my older cards from ZEC awhile ago as the cost to mine was too high