Anyone tried eXtremal-ik7 pool frontend?

i’m trying to build a local pool and i was following the steps on

but got stuck at the patching part …

After building by command ./zcutil/build.sh you must apply pool integration patch:

patch -p0 < pool.diff
Add path to pool libraries in Makefile:

--- src/Makefile        2016-11-08 13:36:41.033699973 +0300
+++ src/Makefile        2016-11-08 13:37:20.889665298 +0300
@@ -1380,7 +1380,7 @@
 LIBSNARK_LIBS = -lsnark
 LIBTOOL = $(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/libtool
 LIBTOOL_APP_LDFLAGS = 
-LIBZCASH_LIBS = -lsnark -lgmp -lgmpxx -lboost_system-mt -lcrypto -lsodium -fopenmp
+LIBZCASH_LIBS = -lsnark -lgmp -lgmpxx -lboost_system-mt -lcrypto -lsodium -fopenmp -LYOUR_BUILD_DIRECTORY/poolcore/x86_64-Linux/zcash -lpoolrpczcash -LYOUR_BUILD_DIRECTORY/libp2p/x86_64-Linux/p2p -lp2p -LYOUR_BUILD_DIRECTORY/libp2p/x86_64-Linux/asyncio -lasyncio-0.3 -lrt
 LIPO = 
 LN_S = ln -s
 LRELEASE = 

any pointers to help pass this step :slight_smile:

I have been able to get beyond this point by:

1. In YOUR_BUILD_DIRECTORY/zcash I ran:

patch -p0 < ~/YOUR_BUILD_DIRECTORY/pool_frontend_zcash/pool.diff

1. I noticed at this point that there was an error with the first part of the patch. So I edited /src/init.cpp and added

void *poolRpcThread(void *arg);

after using namespace std;

1. I was able to make zcash again.

After the make I was able to run the zcash daemon with the -p2pport=12201 and connect to it using the the pool_frontend.

However, I am now stuck where I have made the poolrestapi but it appears to not do anything at all. No output or any messages of any kind and when I try to run nginx as per the read.md I get the the following error:

nginx: [error] ngx_http_cxxrest_pass_handler: got destination: api_backend

Now I can assume that this error is due to poolrestapi not functioning correctly. If anyone has any pointers on how I can fix this please let me know as I really would like to send eXtremal some coins after I get this up and running for them to continue developing it.

Cheers
Dz

i finally got it to work … with help of the zog team of course :))

i also missed that part about the restapi … and then noticed in eXtremal-ik7 page at the bottom:

1. your launch the pool
cd YOUR_BUILD_DIRECTORY/pool_frontend_zcash/x86_64-Linux
./pool_frontend_zcash ~/.poolcfg/zcash.cfg
  1. launch the restapi

cd YOUR_BUILD_DIRECTORY/poolrestapi/x86_64-Linux
./poolrestapi ~/.poolcfg/poolrestapi.cfg

1. launch / reload nginx

sudo NGINX_INSTALL_DIRECTORY/sbin/nginx

of course point 1 & 2 have to be run in a process on its own (i use “screen” to run these) and i created a script to launch everything:

#!/bin/bash

echo “starting up ZEC Pool”

echo “Starting ZEC node”
/usr/bin/screen -dmS “zecnode” ./ZEC/zcash/src/zcashd -p2pport=12201

echo “Starting Frontend”
/usr/bin/screen -dmS “zecpool” ./ZEC/pool_frontend_zcash/x86_64-Linux/pool_frontend_zcash ~/.zcash/zcash.cfg

echo “Starting Rest API”
/usr/bin/screen -dmS “zecapi” ./ZEC/poolrestapi/x86_64-Linux/poolrestapi ~/.zcash/poolrestapi.cfg

echo “Reloading Nginx”
sudo nginx/sbin/nginx -s reload

and btw … the poolrestapi does not echo anything except if there are errors or such.

i’m testing my setup … you could check it out: http://amegahed.myvnc.com … and the pool is running stratum at amegahed.myvnc.com:3357

Thank you for your post. I now have all the daemons running and I can connect to the pool from a miner, but I do not think that it is getting any work. It is just sitting there at 0 sol/s.

I am running the following command line to connect:

nheqminer_suprnova.exe -l ipaddress:12201 -u txxxwallet address.worker -p x -t 6

Any suggestions please on how i can get this to actually start doing work?

i think the default port is 3357 for the miners

the 12201 is the port for the rest api … i think

Thank you. That worked :smiley:

anytime :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your amazing help. I love learning news things. I seem to have found another problem but my coding skills are not what they use to be.

I am able to connect the pool to the zcash daemon, connect my workers to the pool, but now I am getting the following errors in the nginx error log, and I am not seeing any stats on the webpages.

2016/11/22 22:57:58 [error] 7987#0: ngx_http_cxxrest_pass_handler: got destination: api_backend

2016/11/22 22:59:36 [error] 7990#0: *1 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.1.146, server: pool, request: “GET /api/zcash/clientInfo?userId=walletaddress HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “127.0.0.1:13301”, host: “10.0.1.201”, referrer: “http://10.0.1.201/”.

016/11/22 22:31:29 [error] 3179#0: *46 open() “/home/username/zecpool/nginx/html/api/zcash/payouts” failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 10.0.1.146, server: localhost, request: “GET /api/zcash/payouts?count=20&userId=walletaddress HTTP/1.1”, host: “10.0.1.201”, referrer: “http://10.0.1.201/

2016/11/22 22:31:29 [error] 3179#0: *61 open() “/home/username/zecpool/nginx/html/api/zcash/clientStats” failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 10.0.1.146, server: localhost, request: “GET /api/zcash/clientStats?userId=walletaddress HTTP/1.1”, host: “10.0.1.201”, referrer: “http://10.0.1.201/

2016/11/22 22:32:31 [error] 3179#0: *61 open() “/home/username/zecpool/nginx/html/api/zcash/clientInfo” failed (2: No such file or directory), client: 10.0.1.146, server: localhost, request: “GET /api/zcash/clientInfo?userId=walletaddress HTTP/1.1”, host: “10.0.1.201”, referrer: “http://10.0.1.201/

I am running this Linux instance in a VM from a Win 10 host. I have noticed that I did need to open the 3357 port on the hosts firewall. I have tried opening the 13301 and 12201 ports on the hosts firewall but this does not fix the issue.

Any suggestions. Sorry for asking so many questions.

the first line is normal … i guess … i keep getting the same

the rest seems to have something with the location of the files … did you copy the files correctly?

cd YOUR_BUILD_DIRECTORY/pooljs/coins-for-all/webapp
cp -r * NGINX_INSTALL_DIRECTORY/html

when you build nginx … you have to make a new dir for it:

cd YOUR_BUILD_DIRECTORY/nginx-1.11.5
./configure --prefix=NGINX_INSTALL_DIRECTORY --add-module=YOUR_BUILD_DIRECTORY/ngxrest
make -j5
make install

the “–prefix=NGINX_INSTALL_DIRECTORY” part … and thats where you copy the files

Thank you for your help.

I ended up reinstalling my VM and starting new. It worked a treat. Not sure what was wrong with the other installed but it is all up and running now.

Cheers for your help

Hi!
I’m getting same error as you:

nginx: [error] ngx_http_cxxrest_pass_handler: got destination: api_backend

how did you solved that ?
Thanks!

I have troubles with this too:
Add path to pool libraries in Makefile:

— src/Makefile 2016-11-08 13:36:41.033699973 +0300
+++ src/Makefile 2016-11-08 13:37:20.889665298 +0300
@@ -1380,7 +1380,7 @@
LIBSNARK_LIBS = -lsnark
LIBTOOL = (SHELL) (top_builddir)/libtool
LIBTOOL_APP_LDFLAGS =
-LIBZCASH_LIBS = -lsnark -lgmp -lgmpxx -lboost_system-mt -lcrypto -lsodium -fopenmp
+LIBZCASH_LIBS = -lsnark -lgmp -lgmpxx -lboost_system-mt -lcrypto -lsodium -fopenmp -LYOUR_BUILD_DIRECTORY/poolcore/x86_64-Linux/zcash -lpoolrpczcash -LYOUR_BUILD_DIRECTORY/libp2p/x86_64-Linux/p2p -lp2p -LYOUR_BUILD_DIRECTORY/libp2p/x86_64-Linux/asyncio -lasyncio-0.3 -lrt
LIPO =
LN_S = ln -s
LRELEASE =

Build ZCash daemon again:

make -j5

I make the change to that single line on makefile , but I get errors when I do make -j5

make -j5
Making all in src
make[1]: se entra en el directorio ‘/home/pool/zcash/src’
make[2]: se entra en el directorio ‘/home/pool/zcash/src’
CXX libbitcoin_server_a-init.o
CXX libbitcoin_server_a-main.o
CXX libbitcoin_server_a-miner.o
CXX libbitcoin_util_a-clientversion.o
AR libbitcoin_server.a
ar: u' modifier ignored since D’ is the default (see U') AR libbitcoin_util.a ar: u’ modifier ignored since D' is the default (see U’)
CXXLD zcash/GenerateParams
CXXLD zcash-cli
CXXLD zcash-tx
CXXLD zcashd
CXXLD test/test_bitcoin
CXXLD zcash-gtest
libbitcoin_server.a(libbitcoin_server_a-init.o): In function AppInit2(boost::thread_group&, CScheduler&)': /home/pool/zcash/src/init.cpp:1524: undefined reference to poolRpcThread(void*)’
libbitcoin_server.a(libbitcoin_server_a-main.o): In function ActivateBestChain(CValidationState&, CBlock*)': /home/pool/zcash/src/main.cpp:2707: undefined reference to newBlockNotify(void*)’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:3116: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo ‘zcashd’
make[2]: *** [zcashd] Error 1
make[2]: *** Se espera a que terminen otras tareas…
libbitcoin_server.a(libbitcoin_server_a-main.o): In function ActivateBestChain(CValidationState&, CBlock*)': /home/pool/zcash/src/main.cpp:2707: undefined reference to newBlockNotify(void*)’
libbitcoin_server.a(libbitcoin_server_a-init.o): In function AppInit2(boost::thread_group&, CScheduler&)': /home/pool/zcash/src/init.cpp:1524: undefined reference to poolRpcThread(void*)’
Makefile:3102: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo ‘zcash-gtest’
make[2]: *** [zcash-gtest] Error 1
Makefile:3035: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo ‘test/test_bitcoin’
make[2]: *** [test/test_bitcoin] Error 1
make[2]: se sale del directorio ‘/home/pool/zcash/src’
Makefile:7457: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo ‘all-recursive’
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: se sale del directorio ‘/home/pool/zcash/src’
Makefile:676: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo ‘all-recursive’
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Help please!!
Ty

i put the full steps i followed here: Set up your own private stratum pool

it might be of help

My ZCash pool is up and running!
Thanks MegaCrypto!

Feel free to test it and mine some coins!!

theminingpool.mine.nu
Use port 3357

Thanks!

1 Like

I have never found what have I do when receive this mistake when compile poolcore:
In file included from /home/alex/ZEC/poolcore/src/zcash/zcash.cpp:3:0:
/home/alex/ZEC/zcash/src/main.h:10:35: fatal error: config/bitcoin-config.h: No such file or directory
#include “config/bitcoin-config.h”
^
compilation terminated.

I compile it after zcashd
zcashd successfully started with ./src/zcashd

Who can help me?