Bitmain introduces a Equihash 10Ksol / 300W ASIC miner

bitcoin gold is forking…so thats my nr 1 backup… i am accumulating a few zec’s more and then i will get me as much as possible equihash coins as possible before those asics hit the market and sell it for a nice price…

Remember, dificulty adjusts every block. So, will still be 150 second blocks. The danger is ASIC cycling on and off readjusting difficulty in an attempt to capture 50% of the block rewards.

1 Like

well the lowest price on Amazon and newegg was around USD $950.00 per 1080TI so that $12,350 worth of GPU’s ONLY @ roughly 1/12 the power needs

2 Likes

I’m thinking about selling all cards on my zec rig and switching to something like ETH. The release of these miners will absolutely destroy all small-time miners like me. I cant afford these miners so I will be left behind mining with 2k hash. With the jump in difficulty my few bucks a day will slowly dwindle into nothing. On an unrelated note… does anyone want to buy 5 r9 280x’s?

1 Like

I’d say we have at least a month or so left of use on our GPUs before we need to do anything, assuming Zcash doesn’t hard fork. Depends on how fast these things ship out. I’ll be paying close attention to network hashrate, although I was already doing that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im sure Bitmain was already mining with them. They would control most of the network hashrate and would be dumb not to use them before shipping them out. Look at XMR. When word brokeout that ASICs were on the network and they forked and they lost like 80% of their network hashrate… wonder why… ya know? Not to be that guy with the tinfoil hat…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure ETH is being mined with ASIC as well. Revenue from ETH is probably too big that Bitmain just doesn’t publicly sell the miners as they would face strong backlash from ETH community.

they are already selling batch two for ASIC ETHash miners

Well I didn’t know that, I thought Bitmain is just secretly mining for themselves.

I don’t think this is likely. I’m sure they test each unit for N hours to make sure they pass QC, but not in a pre-mine basis per unit. I’ve used other units of theirs and these are generally brand new. We also haven’t seen a massive hashrate increase that these units would cause if they premined them… at least not yet. I think the XMR difficulty drop was due to botnets (easy for cpu mining algos).

Update: that said, I could be entirely wrong.

Yeah I could also be wrong. I was just speculating. I am really in a tough position. I’m not too sure what to do with my zec rig… And not too sure what to do with my new eth rig… fml

Maybe they “test” them to make sure their Antbleed backdoor is working properly, so they can shut off miners remotely?

/s

Don’t forget that other ASICs, like their Dash D3 machine, underperformed by about 25% and all appeared to be heavily used.

If you feel that you must dodge ASICs, then the best bet is to move to monero mining. Using Mining Pool Hub you can mine and auto exchange to BTC without having to download a monero wallet.

I was actually. When the price per coin was depressed sub $200 and the hash rate didn’t drop, I knew Bitmain was already on the network. There was just no way that much hash power could stay online unless it was insanely efficient (not many places get electricity for .06/kwh or less.)

1 Like

I’ve purchased ASICs from Bitmain before and they all were 100% brand new.

If that were true (and I seriously doubt it) you are the exception not the rule.

1 Like

I may do this. My big fit with ASICs are their low availability and their huge upfront cost. With GPU mining I can slowly add cards to make a rig. I simply just dont have the money from ASICs. Trust me I sure wish I did.

1 Like

Bitmain’s miner is called the “Antminer Z9 mini”, so what would its big brother look like?

Is there any historical product data that might give a clue as to when a non-mini version might become available, and what kind of performance improvement or power consumption a non-mini version would offer?

3 Likes

Stay away with Bitmain please

1 Like

fork or die!
you cant do it “later” because then all votes will be asic votes.