Bring back GPU miners?

And where are they all?

With a price chart like ZEC’s, it’s no mass GPU-miners else’s interest in it . Miners came to Zcash after the wild hype around the launch, but today there is no trace of it left, only a residue of resentment.

On any mining forum in Russia, the most popular word among GPU miners in the Zcash thread is “betrayal”.

Ycash has all the upgrades of Zcash, a cool wallet, but hey, where are the miners?

After a series of possible delistings, the two coins will have even fewer differences. And Ycash has a much higher shielding percentage by the way. This is proof that no one is mining for an idea. Everyone wants a monetary prospect.

I wrote above that we’ll snatch a 51% attack the week after we do this. Because there are tons of detractors around Zcash who are willing to pay money for an expensive tombstone for it.

4 Likes

Yeah, IDK, some of the 51%, game theoretic reasoning for not changing is pretty persuasive now that I’ve read the whole thread :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Absolutely not. I purchase it almost every month, as do many people here.

Been active in Vertcoin, some interesting stuff they did too! SPA for the GPU is what some say! Not sure of technicals, but would be fun if verthash could be used

https://old.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/iqh5tk/undeniable_beauty_of_verthash_explained/

I love that people right now don’t see the value in it. It allows me to accumulate. In Ycash, I like the idea of GPU PoW mining. What was lost in Zcash and can’t be regained, but what I valued in it. I don’t care what anyone thinks about this project and I don’t own half a million YECs of course. I buy as much as a couple of my farms would give me, which are not available to me today. And it comes at a perfect settlement price, without any overpayments. This purchase means that I am contributing and supporting those who mine. I’m not going to support all Zcash forks, but I will support a friendly fork.

Zcash and Ycash are not numbers on a graph. It’s people and an idea.

4 Likes

Disregard the bitter hearts and support what you love! :hearts: :zebra:

2 Likes

FWIW both ZF and ECC were kind enough not to claim and dump the YEC they easily could have

2 Likes

Bro, Bro, I was wanting to know how to mine using a processor because until now I haven’t found any mining company that was actually updated or at least worked on other pools. And from what I’m seeing, it’s worth using a processor rather than buying an Asic.

1 Like