Building Zcash on windows?

Thank you for considering this. There are a lot of us out there. I can’t speak for anyone else, but all my kids, and their kids, and kids of their kids will all know coding:)

There were some recent discoveries of how to get around problems building zcash on some linux variants that the zcash core team hadn’t built it on before that should help with progress on the mac and windows ports, so cross your fingers (but don’t yet hold your breath!)

I’d be interested in seeing how to use windows new bash shell. I have it enabled, but got stuck at a permission along the way. Check this out: http://www.howtogeek.com/249966/how-to-install-and-use-the-linux-bash-shell-on-windows-10/

Oh zcash works in the Bash on Ubuntu on Windows (Anniversary Edition) subsystem, I know of some people running it…I’ve built zcash on it myself. It’s just not very reliable or fast.

Ah. I’m currently working on trying to get it up on a pi as a dedicated wallet. Couldn’t get the bash on windows to work right.

I don’t think a raspi has enough ram to build it, let me know if you managed to pull that off!