CodeUp Blockchain Awards

Good day all, planning to have an event named CodeUp Blockchain Conversation & Awards, in order to have a conversation that is centered on blockchain and awards presentation to key contributors in the advancement of the blockchain technology in the city of Efffurn, Nigeria. The goal is educate more people about blockchain applications in the city of Effurun as well as to encourage those key persons and organizations contributing towards advancing blockchain with the awards. More details are in the grant application, therefore I would want you to go through the grant application via the link below and make your comment. Thank you

1 Like

Hi @ogasky - Thank you for submitting your grant proposal! We will review it in the upcoming weeks and reach out if we have any questions.

In the meantime, if you have any questions for us, you can post them to this thread or DM us at @ZcashGrants.

Thanks!

thanks for your interest in this , please can you share links to your social media handles
twitter, facebook, youtube and also the local tv station you intend to broadcast the event.
secondly, asking for 2500 usd for an event you expect around 70 persons is way too high.
thanks

Please note that 70 persons will be the least number you will see, and in all my events I have always have more than one hundred but I don’t want to over shoot the number that was why I stated 70. Also, 2500 USD is not small to ask from Zcash this is because we are providing refreshment for all attendees, as well as other items to be paid for. Please note that our budget is far more than what we are asking from Zcash and it an opportunity to publicize Zcash. We shall be covering the event with the Delta Rainbow TV (DRTV) which I have been using for some time now, and here is the link DRTV Coverage of CodeUp Blockchain Festival NG 2021 - YouTube of one of my event covered by them. You can also know more of me via the link https://twitter.com/oga4sky and Login to Meetup | Meetup and https://www.meetup.com/CodeUp-Africa/. Thank you

1 Like

its good to know that you are aware that the amount you are asking for is NOT SMALL.
youtube channel has 8 subscribers.
i stronly beleive you should build up trust within the zcash community before asking for this amounts. i do not see much value relative to the amount you are asking for
Thanks

@lisa001, I repeat 2500 USD is not small, I have done similar event in 2021 & one of the blockchain brand supported it with 5000 USD, why didn’t they say “it was too much to ask”. Also, I saw a similar event on Zcash requesting 2500 USD on the platform which was approved. So what makes mine to be too much to ask, when our budget is even higher.
That youtube is my own youtube which I do not promote, I used it to save the news, cos they sent the news video to me. You can check for DRTV in Warri youtube link to know about how many subscribers they have. Also, here are my social media links Redirecting...
https://twitter.com/oga4sky, https://www.linkedin.com/in/onose-ogaga/
I stated the number to be covered and I thought mine duty was to show images of some of my events with that numbers which I already did, and to show a proof that I have relationship with the media I wanted to use, which I showed with my personal Youtube channel that I saved the news on. So what did I do here that is wrong again?.
To be honest, what I have noticed on Zcash is that judgement is not fair and there is a cartel in this forum that receive favoritism on their request. For the record, this is another biased judgement on my application. I want to know if I am not qualified to do any project on Zcash, so that I no longer border myself applying for projects that at the end it will be judged in a biased mode. Thank you.

Hi @ogasky, an observation I would make is that the grants that tend to be successful here tend to have Zcash as a core component. That can either be building something with Zcash, building something that can benefit Zcash, or educating people on how they can use or build with Zcash.

Putting a Zcash logo on event merchandising, or simply accepting Zcash as a payment method for a service, in my opinion, does not qualify as a project that should be funded by this program.

Looking at the https://zcashcommunitygrants.org homepage, we see the following statement:

“The Zcash Community Grants program (formerly known as ZOMG) funds independent teams entering the Zcash ecosystem, to perform major ongoing development (or other work) for the public good of the Zcash ecosystem.”

So before implying that the decision making process here is biased, or run by a “cartel”, maybe ask yourself how does what I am proposing benefit Zcash specifically.

Note: I am not a decision maker here, I am simply a community member voicing my opinion.

P.S. I admire what you are doing to promote the use of Blockchain in your region, but haven’t seen enough to convince me that this is Zcash project.

Best of luck.

1 Like

@ogasky, thank you for your submission. After consideration from @ZcashGrants, and sufficient time for the community to provide feedback on the forum, the committee has decided to reject this proposal.

The Committee views this proposal as out of scope for funding at the moment considering the current climate and are more focused on infrastructure projects & channeling their efforts and funding in that direction. The committee appreciates your passion for Zcash and your grant submission efforts and encourages you continue as an active member of the Zcash community going forward both here on the forum and the below avenues as well if you are interested.

1 Like

Acknowledged. Thank you.

1 Like