Dstm’s Zcash Cuda miner

It’s known that BCoinGold is a pre-mined scam. People buy in high → price crashes. Zcash was known for many many months before it came online, over a year actually. Look at when I signed up on here. Jan 2016. It didn’t launch until October 2016. There is a difference.

Are you somehow connected to BCoinGold? Are you here trying to get more people to use it? I just don’t see your angry reactions as how someone would react if they weren’t being defensive for some reason.

3 Likes

We’re not harassing you. You’ve reacted angrily as we’ve tried to keep scams out of this forum. Surely there is a BCoinGold forum somewhere that you can express your opinions on.

3 Likes

Edit:
Keep it up! Best miner!

I also like the option of choosing bus/pcie devices to enable or skip when mining. This helps debug issues as well.

Unless DSTM’s software has changed it only works for Nvidia GPU’s Maxwell/Pascal Chipsets

I got it to run. My mistake sorry.

I sold ASUS GTX 970 Strix OC with a gain because it is now sought after from Gamers ;-). And EVGA is allmost 10% better.

And I have to move from here. So heating is not necessary…

Market testet. Many want to buy now. A few weeks earlier allmost no one wanted to buy it.

I put in a R7 240 I got for free with the PC I bought. I get 35 Sol with Optiminer. 1 Sol/ Watt? Still heating for now.

This miner just stopped connecting to pools out of nowhere. Is anyone else experiencing this? EWBF is connecting just fine.

My miners are the same, I do not know what happened.

We did… on 3 rigs. Changing to china server fixed it… we are not sure what happened… but our assumption was many invalid shares probably… but as it is working on china server … we didn’t dive deep…

I woke up to both dstm miners offline this morning. Reset them and went to work. Came home to find them both down again. Not sure what the problem is, but I’m switching back to EWBF for now. This makes me sad as it was definitely running higher hashrate for me, but I need the stability.

are you running on 0.5.4 ?

I was not. I’ve moved one of the miners back over to dstm this morning. I’ll run it today and see what happens. Thanks.

Even with the extra hash rate, still EWBF yields higher pay for me. My 6x GTX 1070 rig runs at 2912 sols/s aprox on dstm’s and 2850 sols/s on EWBF but when comparing shares EWBF has the upper hand. If the 2912 S/s would give me a hypothetical 200 shares, when substracting the 1% pool fee, 2% dev fee and the 1+% rejected shares, the total shares would be 200-(2+4+2) = 192 shares. On EWBF, with --fee 0 and seeing no perceivable loss of hashrate on my rig, the amount of shares should be 2850 * 200 / 2912 = 195.7 shares. Accounting 1% to pool and 0.5% to rejected, the final amount is 195.7-(2+1) = 192.7 shares. So despite the less hashrate, I reap higher shares (even if it’s just 0.7). On my other rig with 2x 1080 Ti, dstm shows no improvement with EWBF, both giving me about 1560 S/s, but the same math applies. I reap only 96% of my hash rate with dstm, whereas with EWBF I get 98.5% of my HR, that’s a whole 2.5% more profit for me (plus 0.35% on the 1070 rig).

When you have all things equal and you actually “pay” the developer for their software DSTM is a head.

I wish EWBF would have never implemented the -fee option, I dislike that people use his software for free, while they make money, and he gets nothing.

Yep, still 2% of all ZEC mined with a GTX in the world for months is hardly “nothing”. You are renting the software, though. I rather pay once for the software, not the Adobe bussiness model.

Get use to it, because everything is going that route. Windows will soon be a subscription based just like Office 365, just like Google Business, just like Adobe, Cisco, etc, etc.

it’s nice to know people send EWBF a one time donation payment to use his software when they turn the fee off

Nah… don’t need to get use to it, thanks though, I’m alright.

So turns out it did it again with 0.5.4. Guess it’s back to EWBF.

Just try my script and forget about this all :slight_smile:

2 Likes