Education of teens

Hi,

I don’t really know where to put this, but @sonya, @boxalex and myself have been having a little fun posting in a thread about privacy.

Now I understand that thread is not particularly teen orientated, nor is it formalised. It did give me an idea for the foundation. Forgive me if this has already been suggested.

Internet privacy and financial privacy are new. I am of an era where not all my mess-ups are online and recorded for the world to see. Nor was I a target for people who would prey on minors.

Internet privacy and financial privacy go hand in had. Has the foundation thought of doing really strong “this is how to protect your identity on line” workshop for 13+ year olds? To be clear they wouldn’t mention zec in the talk, it would be just advice on looking after your digital footprint.

Not a sale pitch to kids, but something to genuinely help them not screw up their online persona’s when they are online. Maybe even do a thing for the parents too. I know people and companies do this already, but it would be an amazing out reach for the Foundation.

I wasn’t 100% sure where to put this topic please move it if it is in the wrong place.

1 Like