This thread might serve as a knowledge base around grant ideas and possibly help people with getting answers to similar questions they might have:
Zcash hardware wallet support:
- Currently the main drawback with hardware wallets like Trezor, Ledger that support ZCash is that they only support transparent addresses. List of all wallets that support ZCash.
- Why was this a constraint with hardware wallets?
- The above constraint is not a constraint now with the Sapling update.
- What needs to be done: Zcash Ledger sapling support - response from CTO
Core & Security:
Continued support for alternative implementations (such as Parity Zcash)
- More info about collaboration. https://www.parity.io/parity-teams-up-with-zcash-foundation-for-parity-zcash-client/
- The progress of the project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UUsCklWR5Y&feature=youtu.be&t=2285
- They got a grant in 2018Q2. Proposal: https://github.com/ZcashFoundation/GrantProposals-2018Q2/issues/29
A “service status dashboard” site that monitors the status of the dozens of Zcash-related online services (e.g., those listed in this section, the network monitoring and anomaly detection suggestions listed above, as well as exchanges, software download sites, etc.), so that systemic problems can be identified at a glance
- The monitoring website can check that the services are responding to web requests, as well as heuristically check that they are synchronized (e.g., blockchain height is correct and underlying
zcashdis a recent version) and sensible (e.g., transaction volume and spot price are not zero)
List of ZCash Related Online Services (not exhaustive): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ESq4EA4dQ9UB3sUNiBwLEXm26YhUMheXbzr-ednFI0M/edit?usp=sharing
Possible Idea List:
There is no mobile wallet that does all the three: https://z.cash/wallets/
Some links that might help:
2018 Grant Ideas: https://github.com/ZcashFoundation/ZcashFoundation/wiki/Grant-Project-Ideas
2018 Proposals: https://github.com/ZcashFoundation/GrantProposals-2018Q2/issues