Findora Announcement

This seems like more validation for privacy though there are many others significantly smarter than I to comment on Findora on this forum. Thoughts?

2 Likes

In the article it is claimed that

Findora’s research team created the “bulletproofs” technology used on Monero.

However, a Monero dev questions that claim.

What’s the truth of the matter?

2 Likes

Article has plenty of fluff, but not much substance.

And their GitHub repo is … uh … sparse ?

2 Likes

I remember listening to this podcast a while back Episode 139: Findora with Benedikt Bunz and Ben Fisch - ZK Podcast and so I guess the link there is Benedikt Bunz who was the lead author on the Bulletproof paper and in the intro there is listed as “the Head of Research”.

2 Likes

Interesting. Bunz isn’t listed as a contributor or anything on their website About page.

I searched for Bunz on their website, but only came up with this cached blog post, which has apparently been deleted.

EDIT: I found the Wayback Machine archive of the blog post from April of this year, so it must have been deleted since then. It says, in part:

Catch our founding team members and researchers Ben Fisch and Benedikt Bunz, as well as our senior advisor Professor Dan Boneh, at their August 19th talk: Batching Techniques for Accumulators with Applications to IOPs and Stateless Blockchains.

So maybe Bunz was a founder, but has left.

4 Likes

Yeah, nice find and that makes sense, and likely explains the confusion.