Following along with ZIP editors

As it’s been announced, the new ZIP management process includes a member from the Zcash Foundation and Electric Coin Company. Read the full process in ZIP 0.

With this new editor structure, we began a fortnightly meeting to stay synced across organizations (@acityinohio from the Foundation, @daira from ECC and myself for note taking). The goal of these meetings is generally review the status of Draft ZIPs for merging, outstanding issues and TODOs. We keep our agenda and discussion items updated on the following Google doc and invite you all to review at your leisure.

9 Likes

Would it be useful to bump this thread every time there’s a ZIP editors meeting? We do update the above notes each time but I suspect a reminder to y’all might be helpful.

3 Likes

That would be amazing, thank you. I’d love to follow along the ZIP process.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll bump this thread with a short summary after each meeting.

2 Likes

I’ll go ahead and catch up with summaries from previous meetings (click on the links to find a more detailed list of items discussed for each meeting):

March 28, 2019

• first meeting, discuss process and schedule for future meetings
  • merge ZIP 0
  • begin discussion on open PRs

April 16, 2019

• Discuss this forum thread and public sharing of meeting notes
  • Make sure ZIP editor duties are filtered into ECC engineering priorities
  • TODOs for Josh and Daira to review outstanding PRs of NU3 draft ZIPs

April 30, 2019

• discuss NU3 draft ZIPs for merging status
  • discuss Blossom ZIP drafts and updates for merging status
  • discuss update to migration tool spec to match implementation

May 14, 2019

• No formal meeting due to NYC blockchain week
  • Josh + Paige catch up on older PRs (considered lower priority) to discuss with Daira in next meeting

May 28, 2019

• review high priority ZIPs needs (shorter block time and update to migration tool)
  • review low priority PRs for status consideration
1 Like

June 11, 2019

• We’re tabling non-urgent TODOs until after Zcon1
  • We reviewed NU3 feature selection background and reasonings
  • We concluded the meeting early but confirmed the importance of keeping the attendance of this meeting minimal as it is process oriented and should not involve major decision making
3 Likes